1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How often to wash hair?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by lakshmisumesh, May 4, 2011.

1. lakshmisumesh

lakshmisumesh Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I'm in a dilemma. I have heard some people say that washing your hair daily would lead to more hair loss and also others say that washing your hair daily keeps your hair clean and healthy. I go to gym everyday and become really sweaty. Please tell me how to take care of my hair.

Thanks,
    Lakshmi

2. RagaPrasanna

RagaPrasanna Platinum IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

I wash my hair only twice a week. It becomes oily and sweaty in 3 days..
    I dont know why but I get headache if I take head bath too much..

Also its not too good to use shampoos everyday. I've heard that the hair starts graying early if shampoo is used daily.. If you dont have a problem of cold or headache then you can opt for washing hair once in two days.. But use shampoo & conditioner one day, only water the next and only conditioner the next..

3. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hi dear ,

I am washing hair once in a week as i could not dry on week days if i take head bath . It is good to take twice :)

4. lakshmisumesh

Thanks ladies,

But I go to gym everyday and sweat. I find it hard not to wash my hair everyday. What am I supposed to do? If I use baby shampoo, will it be alright?

Lakshmi!!:)

5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I goo too gym regularly, it becomes really sweaty if i don't wash regularly. I wash my hair every alternate days using a mild shampoo.

6. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

It is always good to wash your hair daily, but at the same time use mild shampoo

7. chinni86

chinni86 Bronze IL'ite

I wash my hair daily. I try using Organic shampoos to lessen the effect of the chemicals.

And I soak my hair in oil during the weekends to curb the damage :)

8. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Lakshmi

If you go to gym , its a must to wash your hair immediately after your gym time...usually we take bath right? after we are back from gym!!! so wash your hair also with mild shampoo like baby shampoo...that should be enough...however try to oil your hair once in a while and hav ea proper head bath over weekend...like giving hot oil treatment to hair will help it to prevent from loosing hair shine.

If you dont wash your hair, you will see sweat pimples/boils in your hair...and eventually dandruff will also appear and your hair will start smelling bad. so beware of it and wash your hair after you are back from gym

9. Moumita1

Moumita1 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Shampoo for hair is just like using soap for skin while taking a bath. So we can use shampoo as much as we want, even everyday. Hair loss is often related to things like change of water, change of weather, even mental tension and physical problems. but we often relate shampoo to hair loss as after shampoo we can all see our hair falling off. But that loss is just not happening from shampoo but because hair fall is already happening. So my suggestion is if you sweat in gym, then wash your hair, just like you take a bath after gym. Only use a mild sampoo like baby shampoos, or mositurising shampoos, and use a good conditioner at the tips of your hair. I am sure you don't work out all 7 days of the week. So in your off days you can give a break to your hair wash routine as well. Although washing hair every other day, gym or no gym, is a good habit, keeps the scalp clean.

10. lakshmisumesh

Thanks a lot ladies for your replies. If I don't wash my hair everyday, it becomes oily and dirty. I have very thin hair and I keep wondering what to do. I will make it a point to keep my hair clean and also use a mild shampoo.

Thanks,
    Lakshmi