1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Often Do You Go Out On Weekends/weekdays??

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, May 26, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I am still having the hangover of my India trip.when I was there i literally went out every day!every single day!!! malls,temples,trips,friends,club,movies etc etc..it was a blast!

Here in usa,despite me keeping busy with my home,kids,study I feel am not going out a lot to variety of places.I blame the place partly,then maybe me being a homemaker as of now and also my nature which is an ambivert.

Weekdays it is practically housework,kids etc ..weekends same old restaurants,temples,park for kids.since,most of the places we have traveled during pre-kid days many times,hiking/trekking not doing anymore,the inclination to go there again and again is not there.same routine life.I do not have friends,the ones i made neither want to spend out,or they moved out or they left the country.I do not mind this life in a way honestly,just the feeling of "guilt" which is not going out and exploring while the health and youth lasts.

Sometimes i feel am jailing myself...but hubby said life is the same everywhere..if you want go out make friends but be ready to take everything good or bad(Which is true).i tried a lot for friendships but did not work out for reasons given above...anyways

How often do you keep potlucks after marriage or go out during weekends?how often do you party or go out with hubby/friends?weekdays must be busy for working women am sure.as for homemakers,do you meet your neighbors almost everyday?

2. Gauri25

Gauri25 New IL'ite

3. Gauri25

Gauri25 New IL'ite

Hi anika987,

I feel the same,back home in India it's very different, whatever you mentioned is exactly is the reason that I feel the need to move back to India.
    For me it does matter a lot, small things actually makes big difference.
    What else one can do after all in the foreign land? We do go a lot outside like mainly for shopping and eating in the same restaurant s and same type of food, my husband doesn't like to spend a lot but for me shopping and eating is I feel the only time pass here ...we can watch movies in India atleast once/twice a month but here we don't, simply because not each and every Bollywood movie realeses here, also we can't get to see regional movies like we get to see in India, also I m a very choosy person, can't just watch anything...
    So for me, I do have a strong empty feeling inside that I m living in a foreign land and miss a lot India and the sence of belonging ..
    Friends! I hv minimised friendships because I go out of way to maintain realitions, very softspoken by nature, like to give space in friendships but I m not lucky to find good natured people any more and just looses my peace of mind so I have just stopped doing unnecessary favours to others but do maintain relations if I find sensible people so social circle for me is also not great and I have understood one thing no matter how much people makes show off on Facebook as they have a lot of friends but inside they have lot of problems, hatred feelings so then I feel what's the use of such relations when there is no respect, no love only competition, and jealousy so I don't see any point in keeping unnecessary friendships !!
    Now what I do?
    I am basically a singer and music keeps me busy, I do read a lot, I always try to explore in my field, I used to work but now only concentrating on music so no matter how much fun you try to get from external things, one is never satisfied, to get the real happiness one has to engage beyond worldly objectives is what I feel,no matter where you are residing!! Hope you didn't find it too long

anika987, aspha and katta123 like this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Well, it depends!

I am working... Plus I have two kids at home. Which means, I am already occupied with so many tasks to complete on weekends.
    In addition to some special cooking/backing, kid's weekend special home-works etc... I would be having some "me-time" for spa, facials, massage, or even reading/listening to music etc for myself only during weekends.
    Then comes for resting time. I ensure I take the afternoon naps peacefully, as I miss it during week-days.
    Apart from all this, I get very minimum time to drag myself out for any outings during the weekends.
    However, I do go to the mall, movies, shopping, friends/relative's home, parties, church, etc..etc... during weekends depends on need/want basis.
    I am not at all bored, rather feel "blessed" to have "no outing" weekends. So that, I could join my whatsapp groups chat (with more intimate friends, who live elsewhere), or invite my folks over the weekend for a family chat at my home.

I don't go to my neighbors house unless there is a reason for the visit. Other than that, we interact with each other in whatsapp or meet at the street to say hi-bye almost daily.
    We do meet often during X-mas season, as we are almost free from office works, but going out for shopping.
    The next-door neighbor lady get to meet me often, as she can signal me from her kitchen window, so that I would directly speak to her from my home. We share the community's gossips almost daily in the evening!
    Some of the neighbors are in our kid's mother's group. So, we meet at the School meetings etc.. or interact with each other for kids.
    This way I don't feel bored or left out...

However, after reading your post I feel I may be an odd person here. Because, I really really don't feel bored or left out but I just don't drag myself more than this to be included either.

anika987 likes this.
  5. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

@SGBV, OP and the other poster do not live in their country of birth, so they are unable to do many of the things that you do. Without family and friends around you, life does get "boring" once the charm of living in a foreign country subsides. Trust me, most Indian women irrespective of whether they work outside or not, have a lifestyle similar to what you describe on weekends :)

OP, we try to do an outing at least once every month like visiting a museum or a nature spot depending on the season. We do go out every weekend taking the kids to class or shopping at the farmer's market/costco, temple sometimes or kids' parties. You were on vacation in India probably and therefore you might have spent time going out everyday. Otherwise most people are immersed in their daily chores there too.

sindmani, anika987 and iamsrihere like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

aww...your answer is so heartfelt dear.good to know

7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

back in India,I did the same.infact,i have more freedom here in the usa,i do a lot more,i go to spas and wear clothes and go out,privacy etc but something is missing sometimes...same people,same places gets boring..

Gauri25 likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

yeah u may be right...

a little secret?? my husband might feel bad if he reads this..:)

anyday i prefer my trip to India better than all the exotic places he took me to..aruba,hawaii,australia etc..not that i di not enjoy the exotic places but i seem to look and feel better after my India trip..god knows why..

9. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Don't worry, we will not reveal your secret to your hubby :)

It's the same with everyone everywhere, whether it's India or abroad......you enjoyed your stay in India because you are visiting only for a month and you want to explore everything in that short period, but imagine if you are living there, do you think you will do that every day? it is not possible, once you start living in one place, that becomes as a routine and you will feel bored after sometime, and you will feel new and relaxed when you visit other place, that's it......

Justanotherwife likes this.
  10. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

Maybe you got loads and loads of jaadu ki jhappis :p as in you were visiting your apne and that too loads of apne :D only in India.
    Your comment reminded me of this song

GoneGirl, suryakala and kcb like this.