1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Not To Get "carried Away" By The Romance In Movies And What We See In Social Media?

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by anika987, May 29, 2017.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Actually mills and boons are all written by women:)
    yeah it screws our head making love and romance look so magical..

true real and reel are 180 degrees apart...

2. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Darling it just means you're an alive, vibrant woman. Not someone who is dead dull and an atrocious bore.

Thanks for being so honest with your feelings. Feels good to know I am not the only one to have those occasional flights of fancy.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    SGBV and anika987 like this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I bet no women here felt otherwise after watching Bahubali.
    So your feelings are normal..
    As long as they stay as dreams and fantasy, why bother. Just enjoy!

You know the difference and you are not confused either. So what's the problem?

Enjoy

anika987 likes this.
  4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I think the purpose of publishing romantic M&B novels and making romantic movies is to make women like us to "get carried away by the romance and drool over the good looking hero who is ready to do anything for his lady love.." ., I find that men get really irritated by such movies and instead prefer to watch action , comedy or horror films..it would be nice if they watch some, and take a tip or two from the hero and and impress their wives with some romantic comments and moves, even if the flattery is a little insincere sometimes!BTW I've read so many M&B novels since teenage days, my friends would come home and borrow from me..I would also read these novels at the neighbourhood library..I remember how my friends would praise and drool over these imaginary M&B heroes...missing those teenage days! Especially many years ago when the Twilight series of books and movies were out..they were such a hit, I was a diehard fan of the series and my entire vacations were spent in reading those books and watching the movies over and over again..but now I feel little silly reading romance novels..I don't get time also..

anika987 likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

True:)

Even I used to read lot of m&b during teen years..those days will never come
    Back..and a little
    Secret?Those says Kaho NAa pyar hai was a hit and I used to picture Hrithik as the main hero :)
    Now recently after so many years went to the library and got some Romance novels and found it very silly :)) I was like " What crappy dialogues:))

Purple2017 and Needtobestrong like this.
  6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

:grinning::laughing:

anika987 likes this.
  7. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

Fantasy has got its own weight.....practically one requires 'fantasy' to live....films glorify fantasies....social networking sites do support this sometimes....at various stages of life, 'fantasy' is required to enrich life and clear steer of chronic boredom...can anybody ignore this ?.....the problem starts when fantasy turns into a hangover in real life....with maturity, generally it is overcome....a solution is possible if one can divert the time in doing other constructive works...everybody should be aware that fantasy is an ice-cube...its duration is limited and one can enjoy till it melts !

anika987 likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

true..well said

Purple2017 likes this.
  9. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

10. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

thank you anika987 for supporting my ideas....

anika987 likes this.