1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Not To Get "carried Away" By The Romance In Movies And What We See In Social Media?

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by anika987, May 29, 2017.

1. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I concur! I enjoyed reading that.* :lol:

As someone who has occasionally been involved in theatrical productions, perhaps I can add a slightly different perspective?

The crucial thing about theater and cinema is this: every second on stage or every moment of every film, every shot, every location, every outfit, every movement, every musical phrase, every piece of light and color - in fact, every element of every frame is a decision. It is carefully crafted, to evoke the very feeling you discover arising within you.

What this should teach you is this: every element in your life is a decision - whether you make one consciously or not. Your life is your art. Try and make of it what you wish. We wait for romance passively as if it will find us and waft into our lives unbidden when in actuality it is crafted. It is your creation, your imagination actualized. This demands sensitivity and attention, a relaxed awareness, some 'letting go' and some 'being there', qualities worth cultivating as if you were the auteur of your own life, which indeed only you can be.

Here's something to get you started:
    Buy experiences, not things.
    Loosen up your husband! :cool:

PS: You mention "cool outfits" more than once - just go get them! That's such an easy thing to solve - what's stopping you?

*I would encourage you to show that post to your husband! Or maybe casually leave it lying around? He needs to see it! :wink1:

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    anika987 likes this.
  2. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Anika, I admit I get carried away a LOT when I watch romantic movies..I'm a mom too, and much younger than u..Makes no difference...I drool over good looking heroes onscreen..and sometimes I rewind romantic and intimate scenes and watch them again..
    Sometimes when I feel that life is too boring, it helps me feel refreshed..my hubby is serious and practical minded and busy person and I'm a busy stay at home mom , my full day goes in household chores, feeding, looking after baby , feeding, changing diapers etc..a romantic movie on TV once in a while entertains me..but sometimes I get a little too carried away and get irritated when my hubby doesn't pay attention to me..he is quite used to my temper tantrums after all these years..lol...as for FB, Many of my friends, ex classmates etc put romantic pics of themselves with their fiancée or husband ...and in interesting vacation spots..but they do make me go awwwww for a few minutes, especially if it's someone I know well and I confess to feeling a tinge of envy sometimes..romance is something which women have to initiate, because as one more person pointed out, some men just don't know how to be romantic.

Purple2017 and anika987 like this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I think it is because you feel not satisfied or happy/content in the above mentioned matters in your life.

Satisfaction has no boundary. There is no clear cut definition to it. It differs per person to person.

In this post, and your other posts, I see this repeated trend of feeling low or unsatisfied nature. Particularly when it comes to romance, sex, love or friendship.

For ex... The food in TV or poster will disturb you the more when you yearn for it. It will become yet another TV ad or news once you have tasted it, or can taste it anytime you want.

You are matured and you know the Romance in the movies or the actions are reel. Even Prabhas needed several men to support him with strong ropes, cushions, belts etc when he does those action scenes in Bahubali. Leave alone the VFx effects and graphics.

But your mind still yearn for that. It misses something in real life; hence feel the satisfaction from this reel models.

For the world, the life that you are living may seem satisfactory, but it doesn't mean you are satisfied inside.

Sit with your H. Tell him how you want to enjoy your marriage with him. Looks like he is reasonable man.
    If you have any dreams about your sex life, be explicit about that with your H.
    Take a day off... Leave the kiddo with some reliable care taker, and book a cozy room in a comfortable hotel for a night.
    Have a candle light dinner, take bath together, wear your favorite lingerie, and enjoy the act together with your H.
    Since you dream for this, you must take the lead on planning everything. Your H will enjoy this, and expect this to repeat.
    This is not limited to movies only. It happens in real life too.

Hold hands with your spouse when you walk with him in the streets. Kiss him, hug him, and be romantic with him as much as you want.

Buy your favorite outfits as much as you want.

When you feel satisfied inside, you will not get carried away with these romantic movies, rather you will enjoy them.

In fact, I enjoyed Bahubali..., Who will not fall for such a handsome man be it reel or real life?

anika987 likes this.
  4. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Such an honest question. I appreciate it.

rachaputi and anika987 like this.
  5. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

I was/ probably am a die hard romantic . It was a rather really cruel lesson for me to learn that fantasy and reality are 180 degrees apart.mills and Boon books, tv serials and Bollywood movies that screw our heads making love and romance look magical. What no one tells you is that finding true love is a matter of destiny and very few find that . Just yesterday I was watching back to back episodes of how I met your mother and another serial I used to like called iss pyaar ok Kya naam Doon . Somewhere inside all of us is a teenage girl with stars in her eyes who just refuses to die , sigh

6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

these days I have limited myself to facebook actually:)
    potty training ..fb?wow! :O

ha ha yeah the only one post I find very funny is "I check in at so and so location"..some eat in saravana bhavan and say I check in there! well..noone is going to be jealous of that:)

Sandycandy likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I actually purschased some nice outfits!! :)

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

hubby is a very nice guy but never good with the "talk"..:) we women like to get praised by our spouse and my hubby does it and it is very genuine.It is real but sometimes a little exaggeration makes you get the tingly feeling..:)
    I like to feel the gush of excitement in my veins when you feel attracted to someone..I am being too honest in the post right:) But I want to share.thanks dear

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks sgbv but I beg to differ this time .I have always had respect for the way you reply..very honest and to the point.this post has nothing with me feeling low:)

Its about living a fantasy !! Even before marriage and in my teens..why teens when I was a little kid also..I used to get very attracted to the super hero/heroine and feel it is real!!

For eg:When I see a beautiful proposal in a movie..I keep reliving it..I know it is just a shot..there is not going to be any slow motion or beautiful music or suddenly a rain happens etc..still get carried away...
    if i see college movies..I feel thats how college life should be..

After seeing rab ne bana di jodi..i got too involved with that...i mean come on! the heroine cant even recognize her husband?

in a nutshell..I have a preconceived notion of things and I know one has to let go to know the real thing..

recently i saw bahubali and was mesmerized by the prince..usually I am not into very tall,beard or muscular guys but this hero totally bowled me over..The stunts he does made me go bonkers and I feel like he is the best guy!thats what am saying is wrong.I know the stunts are not real..for all we know..he might be a simpleton and mellow guy but to create a fantasy of how a guy must be based on a movie is wrong and I dont want to carried away by that!

This is not a very serious thread but some inner feelings and hence posted it under intimacy..:)

SGBV likes this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thank you:)