1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how much will formula milk cost in usa

Discussion in 'Infants' started by harinideep, Mar 5, 2015.

1. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

I am giving formula milk to my baby since she was 30 day old. I buy around 18 packets in a month .
    I would like to know how much will it cost for buying formula milk powder in usa for 1 month .
    Which formula milk powder is gud in usa .
    Where can i buy it cheaper
    ( Baby will be 1 year and 2 months when I reach there)

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

@Harinideep At 1year 2 months you can safely give whole milk. I give organic Whole milk to my kids. Formula is definitely expensive.

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I give Similac to my baby . Other I know is Enfamil. I buy from wholesale stores mostly ( BJs) which saves few bucks but not always. I buy from walmart, baby stores and other grocery stores also.

Similac has variants for 1 yr+ plus too.

Each box costs me about 35 $ and stays 1.5 week. It is very expensive. But my baby is small and mostly on formula so it will be less for you.
    Check prices on websites.

4. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, You can buy Similac in bulk in Wholesale stores like Costco .Also subscribe on Similac and what to expect site to get discount coupons. You get around 15 $ off coupons for 3 containers . Similac is expensive and it saves quite a bit. You get it every month . Good Luck.

5. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Op, you can consider switching to regular organic milk for the baby. Mine loved the taste of cowmilk as opposed to formula at that age.

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I would totally switch to whole milk if the baby is over an year old. Most formulas range between $32 to $40 a can. depending on how much the baby drinks, you are looking to buy at least one can every week.

7. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

A question on moms with >1 yrs old:

Did you completely switch to organic milk after 1 yr? Or some feeds with formula? Also did you dilute after 1 yr also?

8. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I will take the advice of the baby's paed in any case. I switched to whole milk only when the doc told me to. Doctor knows when the baby can digest the whole milk.Good Luck.

9. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

my LO didnt take the whole milk right away. I started slowly; I used to mix (for example) 20 ml whole milk to 80 ml formula. That way she didnt really know what changed, though there will be a slight change in the taste. After 3 days, I made it 40 ml whole milk and 60 ml formula. So on, we made it to full whole milk in about 2 weeks time.

10. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

I gave both my kids organic whole milk as is after a year. They liked it and so I went on with it. Try it as is first and if your baby doesn't like it then mix with formula for few days and gradually keep reducing it.