how much savings for r2i

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by gankita, Apr 28, 2015.

1. gankita

gankita Silver IL'ite

Thanks justmyself for your sharing your plans.

We have absolutely no help from inlwas, my dh is not yet finalized. He has applied for job, so he will only come if gets job, so will look for house depending on his job/ city.
    My dh wanted me to settle in India a d the he can join.
    I moved to my parents home and life is a mess. They don't talk to me and i feel like e burden here. I can'yt get any job. i have to pen a small clinic but that also after dh moves to India.
    I have no idea where to go. Its so hurting seeing their behaviour

2. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Sorry to hear that ! But, you could move out to a smaller apartment of your own, and ask DH to support till he joins you. Is that not an option ?

Am assuming, you may have moved before your DH for kids schooling ? Or was it for you to find a job in India in person ?

3. gankita

gankita Silver IL'ite

yes moved for schooling and he wants me to settle too(financialy n home )before he plans to come. its hard for me to settle alone with no help.

4. ssrgopal

ssrgopal Silver IL'ite

Just came across your post. What a planning.. Impressive!

anika987 likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Old thread but no savings will never be enough.even if u were in USA for only two years,once you go back there will definitely be some parts and lifestyle of America which you will miss. you are someone who is very content and can manage life with whatever U have,just like many do ..go back.home is where the heart is.
    In my case my husband likes America and I like the American lifestyle but miss family and functions and few other factors of India.people like me will find it very tough to go back though we desperately want to.there r many who have gone back and is successful and many who have failed.it is in your mind.never put money as he primary(even if you have finance problems),if you do..one can never go back even if you want to.

6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Gankita,
    Your intention of coming back to India a lot.
    How much money is enough is very variable. What is the hurry for buying a house? You both are still young. If you want to return only after buying a house it is not going to happen for some years. By that time children would not mingle well.

Better to come back before the jid is 4 or 5. First let your husband find a job. After that come back. Rent a house and start living. Those who are working in India also buy house or flat.....bank loans are there. Buying a house should never be criteria for coming back. When one comes back when children are little they assimilate well and you also would be happy with all your people. To a person who has studied in USA definitely would get a good job. So, forget about buying house. Comeback when your husband gets a job. You would never regret. House and other things would come later.Think about it. This is purely my personal opinion.
    Syamala

anika987 likes this.