How much outskirts of chennai ok for looking for a new apt?

Discussion in 'Housing' started by JGVR, Dec 9, 2011.

1. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Now a days new construction happen only in the out-skirts of chennai.When i look for new apts,those constructions are mainly on the out-skirts.

For eg:

one says the apt is along GST road and the site is beyond vandaloor
    If i look along OMR then the constructions are beyond satyabama college.

according to me those areas are too much out-skirts-though iam outside India now i was a resident of Nanganallur during my childhood days and i think that is the reason why i see those places as too much out-skirts

Ok coming to the point- so iam looking for new 2/3 BHK apts in the out-skirts of chennai like Medavakkam,pallikaranai,OMR etc because i believe from these areas school,hospital,office,shopping will be easy to reach

If there are other specific areas in out-skirts which i can look into which are well connected with good water,drainage etc please let me know.

i come across a lot of new place names like nolambur,padur,rajakilpakkam etc-but i dont know about these places.

So please help me and provide the info you know.

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I recently ended my house hunting with buying a flat in Chrompet.

When you come to OMR side, there are apartments upto siruseri, Kelambakkam. In ECR i think till Kalpakkam(Not sure of the area referring To marg Swarnabhoomi).

Your choice depends on whether you want to live there or rent it out? If you trying to live there it may be close to office(incase of OMR), but there is a compromise on other things like good school, shops etc. In case of Renting it out , you can rely on the floating IT population.

Me too a resident of Nanganallur. I wanted to find a place which is at less than 30 min travel from Nanganallur. So choices were basically Madipakkam, Medavakkam, Pallikaranai, Kovilambakkam. Rejected madipakkam & pallikaranai as the places are prone to water stagnancy & not well connected(I'm purely talking about public transport). By accident found a house in Chrompet and bought it.

Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  3. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Can i get some m ore names of the places in out-skirtsof chennai where i can look for apts?

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

5. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Thank you Shanvy-exactly the info i was looking for.