1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Much Of Ego Is Ok..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sweety2016, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am in a dilema..Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and I feel blank about..The more I think about it all the unpleasantnesses related to my wedding comes into my mind..I regret getting married (I am sorry to say this) sometimes. But other times I do feel good if he is attentive enough..Though i see a friend in him, I can never consider him as my soul mate..Its not that we fight, give silent treatment or abuse each other..But I dont get a sense of contentment each time I am left to introspect myself..We are married for 4 yrs now and not a single anniversary we spent together peacefully even on phone there was always some or the other disturbances..thanks to his family! This is the 1st we are together with no hindrance from extended family..All my expectations have damped out..all my fondness for surprises has gone to a vegetative state..The more I think about making the day special, the more i retreat back to teach him a lesson for all the pain his family gave me these years..Even if we were in LDR earlier, why did he not put an effort to come and meet me, wish me? This question kills me..

So in short I dont want to do anything special tomorrow..I also would feel guilty if he does something..(The scenario is different for our respective birthdays though) So there is a constant tug of war between heart and brain..I feel afraid and insecure about the future..I get what if questions like what would happen if I let go off my defenses and become vulnerable.What if he takes advantage of my weakness? So I am always on a high guard when it comes to my feelings..I seldom reveal it to him...So i put a lot of efforts to keep my ego intact. .Ladies put some sense into me..How should i move on with this baggage??

P.S: I am also not comfortable enough in explaining my feelings to anybody except for in IL. I am of the opinion that if somebody truly loves you he/she should put efforts in understanding you and your feelings themselves and give due respect to it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017

2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

This you defined your state of mind. Are you aware of his state? The things disturbed you also might affected him to some extent. No one is perfect not anybody's life. Its these few moments that we can catch from life to be happy at least for sometime. If you refuse this too then your life will become complete hell. Either go with your ego let those moments go with that and keep hurting yourself or give it a chance at least.

Sweety2016 likes this.
  3. senoritaaa

senoritaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dont think too much. TRy to engage in things that make you happy. If you become happy Then things will automatically set in. It takes effort to keep one happy. On IL side, Dnt bother too much and do not keep expectations. This will make you unaffected.

Sweety2016 likes this.
  4. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

@Sweety2016 You... lucky thing! Normally in a 4 year stint at it, there'd be a 2-something running around the house breaking everything she can reach. And then there'd be a diaper-clad one attached to your waist, eating, sleeping, pooping, and crying all your waking hours. Normal people would likely forget their anniversary dates. Current day misery would seem true hell and make them forget whatever minor misery that had happened previously.
    Why haven't you achieved that level of misery yet ? You have a peaceful, and pleasant day coming up, and instead of being happy about it, you are trying to add all the peeves of the past and planning to be morose. Oh..well. There is a polish proverb that goes: It's your circus; it's your monkey.

5. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

I know it feels bad and kills emotions but if he is loyal and loves you ...may be he is not like too much expressive or may be he is not aware that.you like all such stuff.

Why don't you plan something for him and don't expect anything.
    See how he gets into it and try to talk this with him on some other day but with nice tone and I am sure things will get better.

Please give a chance to next person as sometimes its like they have their own thoughts unless you speak (but in soft tone rather than complaints)

Sweety2016 likes this.
  6. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

As much as it hurts, better to let go of past. IL have done damage earlier, don't let them continue to spoil your relationship/anniversary by holding grudge for past. Try be positive from your side, Main person is your life partner. Try your best to not let third party spoil your relationship, even if it makes you angry. Don't punish him/teach lesson for ILs fault. Why punish your own relationship.We do tit-for-tat only for those relatives from whom we can walk away, not for own husband because in the end our heart suffer most.
    Sometimes to love someone we have to make many sacrifices, drink our pain, but surely one day that person will understand us and I'm sure one day he will start changing too. 4 years may seem long time now, but it's short compared to the lifetime you are going to spend with him.

Sweety2016 and Sandycandy like this.
  7. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Cheer up girl.

You completed 4 years of married life. Celebrate this victory of yours. Celebrate it for you. You faced many issues with courage. Long way to go.

If you are still unhappy, Dont do anything for him. dont cook anything special for your husband.

Instead, ask him to take you to a very good restaurant for dinner. He can also join :)
    If possible make him buy some expensive gift for you. Or whatever is in your mind.
    That should be the best punishment :laughing: you can give to him. Dont leave him free on anniversary day.

Enjoy the moment.

:cheer:

Forget those pils. You can think about future later. Use the current opportunity for you.
    ["I regret getting married" -I have also thought that many times, whenever I face some issue with dh . I am sure many ILites too will be in the same boat. But, that is part of life. Not everyone is lucky. Now you are away from problem creators , the Pils- , try to build your life with dh. Dont depend on others for happiness. Marriage is just part of one's life. Don't make it your life. Only you can make you happy. Everything is transient. Be positive ]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sweety,

Take a look at the following words:

"act naturally", "exact estimate", "unbiased opinion", "only choice", "loud whisper", "random order", "impossible solution", "fuzzy logic", "numb sensation", "motherly MIL" : )

These are examples of oxymorons -- two contradictory terms appearing in conjunction. Self-introspection and sense of contentment are another example. Marriage, and anniversaries in particular, call for the employment of selective amnesia. List the positives of him, you and you both as a unit. Ensoi.

9. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

so...how did it go?

Sweety2016 and Sandycandy like this.
  10. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

respect :)

Rihana likes this.