1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how much dowry you gave??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by gopinath, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Oh!!still conversation is going on in this thread??yenna gopinath thread start panni 3 months aachu ennum ponnu kidaikalaiya??yeppidi irukeenga?

2. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

Your marriage was threatened to be stopped and you were not aware of it!!! Well, I made my comments on what you mentioned here, not on what you did not mention.

Now you agree. Then why only one party i.e. your MIL was taking the heat in your previous post.

I hate poeple who give dowry, either it is your parents, you, my parents or even me as equally as the poeple who ask for it.

"Traditional family". The word is easy to say, what is the meaning of it???

If you say dowry is bad, and how will NOT bad do any harm. You know what, we are human beings, that's why we are acting like humans. As long as dowry does not harm our family it is good, we do not care about the repercussions about it. You do not have even in the slightest corner of your mind that dowry is evil and it should be eradicated for good. What right do you have to blame a person who is asking for it?

You know what irked me the most from your initial post, the above sentence. Children should be born out of love, not with the thoughts of divorce in mind.

Do you know the cost of divorce??? Please do not even let the word come to your mind. Please do not live with your husband because you do not have any choice. It will not do any good to neither you nor your child. Please do not give birth to an innocent child with the above thoughts. I see full of hatred in you towards your family. How can your child get any love?

Yes, we are humans. Let's not try and act like humans, let's live like good humans.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  3. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi Gopi,
    I see youare anxious to know about the secrets of married life. Only when you get marries you will get know ur life will be entirely different than the posts you read or discussions done coz every girl is different and depends on ur future wife. But all girls think in the same way that the wife gets the lion's share in her husband's heart. So instead of worrying about dowry and joint or nuclear family get mentally prepared to shower love on the girl who is going to travel with you throghout the life.:thumbsup

4. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Hey Gopi

Its since 2 years+ this thread started. Hey Gopi, howz your married life?

5. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

6. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Nothing! I do not believe in such things, if my DH would have asked for a dowry I wouldnt have married him!

7. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

I Really dot understand what you want to analyse... When you yourself is against dowry! and to be frank.. I feel this thread is worthless to be spoken about anything.. If you are not taking it!! Good.. Why do you have to make it a point after every response from IL's. I feel so skeptical about your analysis here! Also Just because of your analysis.. Nothing is going to change or even create awareness on this... :notthatway:

8. suganvijay

All I have to say is TMI :rant

9. suganvijay

Well.. are you tying to prove something ??

10. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Am gujarathi,
    No dowry in our family too but yes...theres something which concerns me...which i feel is indirect way of asking dowry.
    My parents are well to do than my in-laws...we arranged for ring ceremony, wedding all expenses were taken up by us...
    My DH has taken up his house responsibility from house EMI, Car EMI to other house expenses...including to get his sis marry.
    I didnt want much dresses or sari just to show off i have many so i told my parents to gift me limited dresses for wedding...and this was discussed with my in-laws so my MIL smart of her she too said thik hai...i too wont give more dresses...no issues but she set a budget 1000-1200 RS range for my dresses...she said to shop keeper...so i felt bad coz wht we get in this budget still looking to their affordability i chose dresses in that range when i went with her...my parents gifted gold chain to my DH, gold & diamond jwellery to me, 2 sari to my MIL. My MIL gifted me 1 gold set, mangalsutra, 1 sari and 4 dresses.

Now, comes 2nd chapter: my SIL's wedding
    here,my MIL is not wanting to limit budget...she is ready to buy any range of dresses or sari for my SIL...my head is heating up like anything...why this difference & moreover my DH is gonna pay for it..
    the worst of all is..she is expecting my DH to keep gifting his sis often....Now, my question is...isnt this dowry??
    Though my parents can afford , though my younger bro is in US doing well in his job...i never expect any favor from them...why should i....my DH is capable am also earning so why....this expectation ?
    how to make my DH and MIL understand...i already fought abt this with my DH....and it was worst argument...he slapped himself many times and slapped me too ...his argument was...that he has younger sis...why cant he take care of her...my say was...'care kya sirf paiso se hi dikhaya jaata hai' what the hell...
    after my marriage my dh havnt gifted me any real jwellery or gold and i havnt demanded also...but my MIL expect DH to gift gold to his sis often...sick of her
    am really worried....my in-laws are as such not in position to pay for wedding or so...already my DH is doing that and than they are expecting him to keep gifting his sis....which am v much against of...

what you all think.....have u faced such case?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.