1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you keep nagging at your husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by soni1987, Oct 8, 2014.

1. soni1987

soni1987 Bronze IL'ite

I am married for 4 years with one kid of 2.5 yrs. I am a working lady so reach home by 5:30 in the evening. After coming back i have to do all household work alone which means cooking, cleaning, washing etc. If i tell my husband to help me .. he does in cleaning - but not cooking...

Still i have to tell him one thing 10 times then only he gets up from his couch or laptop and help me.. he is not a cleaness freak neither I am. So our house is complete mess most of the times. We both are ok with it, but when some unexpected guests arrives, we have to run here n there to pick up things- so irritating. We cannot afford to keep maid also.

So i keep on telling him to do this or do that while i am busy on cooking or other things. After sometime he tells i am nagging on him all the time. I dont understand i am at fault or he. How to make my DH organised and make him help me gradually without nagging.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

De clutter your house.
    1)Remove everything that is not reqired...box them up if required later...or give away. Less things....less work.
    2)Convince him to help you out with a quick clean up before going to bed....just move around the house putting things in the right place. Do it holding a dusting cloth in hand and quickly keep wiping things as you go about it. If done everyday...you will realize that your house will look cleaner.Don't be too fussy...don't spend more than five minutes doing this. If you miss something...you will get to it the next day.
    3)If he doesn't like helping with cooking....sneak it in his other activity.Give him peas to shell....potatoes to peel,green to clean while he is in front of the tv .Appreciate whenever he helps in the kitchen.....don't nitpick......
    4)Make him work with love....call him while you are busy cooking and give him a kiss...tell him,sweety just put the clothes in the machine na....and switch it on,sweety....just change the sheets na...I am running late. Make him do stuff he doesn't mind.Slowly make it a part of the routine.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    4 people like this.
  3. soni1987

soni1987 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks yellowmango.. These are really good tips.. hope this can be maintained everyday in my schedule.:confused2:

4. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

My DH is the same. I was sick and tired of nagging him. We used to end up having many fights. Now i have a cook and a maid. There is peace. Try to outsource cooking if you can. I used to do everything after coming home at 5. I know how hard it is.

P.S - i still have to nag him for other things.

5. tulip2012

tulip2012 Silver IL'ite

no use of nagging it will add oil to the fire only!!

1 person likes this.
  6. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Nagging will not help.

What i do is do the cleaning(vacuuming, dusting and moping) one day a week. May be you can try that too. And everyday just before leaving for work keep the newspapers in the bin, TV remote in its place, basically put evrything in its place. This way there is not much to do.

And once a month have a maid who can come and do a thorough cleaning

For cooking, like YM suggested give your husband the chopping veges part. Also, include him in the after dinner cleanup. Like while you are washing the dishes he can clean up the stove top and counter, take out the trash. Make him understand that if you don't leave everything clean you might have bug problem later and with a LO it can be dangerous.

Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  7. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Nagging is of no help when you require help from DH...Just plan your weekend either saturday or sunday as a day dedicated only for cleaning up the house together...
    This is what i do..
    Friday i just say DH, We together can contribute saturday to make our home clean and tidy..
    As soon as we get up, we put our phones in silent mode..Switch of tv and gadgets, lappy etc..We finish our cooking and start by allocating the work to each other and finish it off as quickly as possible..
    i make sure to keep the things in the same place daily after using it..After DH leaves to office i go pick the clothes from bathroom to put in the machine, keep the things in its place back, clean the house, wash utensils, make sure kitchen is back to form after cooking..My mantra is just do the work then and there..you may find it little easy and not overloaded..

8. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Exactly my situation ..When I read your post I though when did I write this :)

1 person likes this.
  9. sangeeG

sangeeG Silver IL'ite

I ask my DH to take care of my kid (like taking her out for walk, feeding her dinner)
    so i have that time to cook and clean without being getting disturbed.

10. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

My husband does not do chores everyday.notdonesmiley sometimes he likes to do , cooking and dish washer.
    But I don't nag, as it didn't help in my case. he just sits in front of laptop & ignores what I am asking him to do.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014