1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How many alliances did you rejct before selecting your life partner??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by VaniVyas, Jul 13, 2014.

1. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Dear IL Friends,

" Marriages are made in heaven". Though some of us believe that it is all in destiny, others keep figuring out more and more before agreeing for a marriage.

When it comes to a proposal for love, I don't think people reject anyone by family background, responsibilities, income etc. Many times, we come to conclusion that love is beyond these things and fall for the person.

When it comes to marriage, all ladies want the best person in terms of everything like looks, income, own house, independent family etc. Here there is no question of deviating from the requirements as choices are plenty.

P.S. This is based on my general opinion and yes obviously there are many many variances in this.

Now, here the question is " How Many alliance did you all Reject before selecting your Life partner " " You may also post the reason ( if you find it relevant to share) for rejecting the proposal.

Let me start with me : My first Alliance was finalized... I was not interested in seeing any one else later.

1 person likes this.

2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

The first that too selected and accepted by our parents. we saw each other after marriage only.

3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

I ended up having a love marriage but before my husband and I decided to get together, there were a few matches from our extended circle which I refused in the verrrry early stages - I was just 21/22 and was looking to establish myself in my career then rather than get married.

Person 1- because he had the same name as my extremely annoying team leader.

Person 2- because when I happened to run into him - was a distant relative, he spoke with a fake American accent (he'd been living in america for 6 years or so then)

Person 3- because his mum, someone whom my mum knew from the neighbourhood, seemed to check me out like I was cattle in the market first. When she saw me in a temple, she loudly declared, "you look nice enough to be considered for my son who is in America. You are working; aren't you? How much do you earn?" I stared and said, "enough to get by" and left the place warning my mum not to hand over my horoscope as that lady demanded

person 4- some relative of his met me at a wedding and told my mum, this awesome boy related to her lived somewhere in Central/ South America and was struggling to get proper food. Could she have my horoscope? I said, I don't even know to make tea. Didn't deter her. She said, it is easy; you can learn. I retorted, sorry aunty; I'm not interested in learning to cook; if a guy can't afford a cook, I'm not interested in the alliance. That had my mum lamenting for days about what a terrible reputation I was gathering by not coming across as all girly and innocent.

Sigh!

22 people like this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

My horoscope had first gone to my husband's place when I was still a teenager and he barely in his twenties. My horoscope was given to my in laws by a common family friend who did not have kids of his own and decided to take up match making as a social work/hobby. The proposal was sent back saying he is too young.I had no idea that people were even thinking about my marriage at that stage ...hence did not know about this proposal or the rejection.

A few years later when my parents got actually serious about looking for a match ...I said yes to another guy in uniform...a different color uniform.Our first meeting alone,the guy told me all about his life plan for himself and more importantly for me.He had it all planned.I was supposed to go into banking sector because that is what he wanted.I told my parents I wasn't going to marry him.Dad was upset because the lad was a fine and upcoming guy.He told me I broke his heart ...but my mom stood by me.Told my dad...she said no so it is no.

Next year the same match making uncle wanted a try at matching my horoscope again with my husband. My dad was reluctant .He said ...they said no once.Uncle checked with in laws...they said it was only because he was young then. The horoscopes were matched. We met...I fell madly in love with the cutie pie. He liked me ....and after a year of long distance courtship we got married.

One day ,going though the books at my inlaws place ...I saw my picture in one of husband's book ...being used as a book mark.I asked him how he got that picture of mine...he told me this was the picture that had come with the horoscope the first time(my first picture in a saree...clicked for the school farewell party).That is when I came to know that my alliance had gone to him and they had rejected it the first time.I told him "Good I didn't know or else I would never have said yes to you."

I was the only girl my husband saw for alliance.I guess we were meant to be together.:kiss

I few months back ...my elder daughter was discussing marriage in general with her dad saying"ewww papa you both got married so young " and my husband said"I wish we had got married a few years earlier."I was in the kitchen near by smiling ear to ear.

sindmani, SGBV, Gauri03 and 21 others like this.
  5. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Nice one, Yellow mango...

Destiny brings people together in life. Nice to hear your part.

I know a friend who rejected a proposal because his nose was not good...:hide:

yellowmango likes this.
  6. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Zero..

My DH was the first and THE BEST proposal :)

2 people like this.
  7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Mine was fixed when I was born, and yes we got married 23 yrs later :)

Though it was my maternal granny wish that I should be married to my uncle's son, my dad was not too keen on it. So much so that even when my cousins used to pull my leg now and then, I was never sure what my dad thought. But one fine day, he announced that he was going to my uncle's place to fix my marriage. On his return, I was anxious to know what happened, guess what he had fixed the marriage date, booked the marriage hall, given advance for flowers and was negotiating catering!!

I had to be very patient before he got around to tell me the date of the wedding!!

Although there had been inquiries for both myself and my DH from our other relatives, both sets of parents had declined even considering. So it was the one and only proposal ever for me and for my DH :)

sindmani, Laks09 and VaniVyas like this.
  8. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

My DH was the second one. The first one i rejected because he wanted a home maker and I wanted to work. In case of my DH, everything moved fast. We met for 15-20 mins and then everything was finalized. The horoscopes matched, everyone in family was happy and i also liked him.

1 person likes this.
  9. ritz4864

ritz4864 New IL'ite

Well,don't faint. I said no to 20 guys :)

Some proposed,some arranged. I chose one last year and guess what? he's the perfect match for me. Compliments my persona and balance my attitude.

Am impulsive,disorganised,very quick and spontaneous. he's the opposite and i am so happy i never compromised !!

Its a huge risk i took. Just plain luck that it worked. I depended on one strength i got. I can judge a person 99% accurately. Always worked.

Best of luck single girls :)

5 people like this.
  10. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

1st person: a guy parents came to our home & saw our's little home which creates a poor people image on our family. so they rejected.
    2nd person: I rejected guy in get-together, because he seems to be dont have proper life ambitions & very neglected about life in finantial way. he is not able to see my eyes straitly while i am talking..
    3rd person: guy rejected me because he is so... lean & I am normal. so for his eyes, i am seems to be FAT girl.
    4th person: i pinged him in matrimony just for fun. but he has taken seriously & finds my address through his contacts. finally reached my home & stole my heart. he is my husband. having proper life plan & clarity about career & behaves as professional. looks like decent manager to me. so i said OK to him.

3 people like this.