1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

how long to wait after dinner to walk

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by adara, Jul 9, 2009.

1. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies:

Since it is summer time so I like to go for a walk after dinner. How long should I wait after dinner to go for a walk. My walking speed would be 3 to 3.5miles per hour and I would walk for an hour.

I eat rice or rotis for lunch but for dinner it is only Salads. I try to have my dinner by 7pm every evening.

Adara

2. vijiananthu

vijiananthu Gold IL'ite

Hi!

Doctors advice that we can go for a walk after 30 to 45 minutes after dinner. You can have some light food in the night which can get digested easily. so it will be easy to walk also.

My doctor has advised not to take raw vegetable in the night because it takes long to get digested. So I take only Idly (3) or Dosa (2) or Chappathi (2) or Upma (1 cup) with warm milk with honey in the night.

3. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Vijiananthu for the response. Yes, you are right 30-45 mins after light dinner should be fine. I tried it for the last week and it is working out fine.

Raw vegetables like cucumbers,carrots,tomatoes,lettuces and all that we use for making salads and in easy digestible form since they are raw and in nature made form. Now, coming to idli, upma, dosa etc these are all refined, fermented and then heated, processed in different ways to get the shape and form. All the natural ingredients in these tiffins are lost.

Now, it is up to us to research and understand if the things in all goodness of nature can be digested or the processed food.

I am not here to challenge the doctors but it is a pity when a doctor advises
    in such a way.

I will give you one more example not to offend anyone but you know how doctors nowadays seem to advise in a way it pleases the patient.

My friend asked the doctor if sprouts are good especially the mung sprouts.
    The doc said eat it after you eat some breakfast since eating on empty stomach can cause gas.

See how ridiculous this is! My friend ignored his advise and she eats sprouts empty stomach early morning since last 6years and she is perfectly fine.

How can sprouts having all the goodness of nature in them hurt your stomach?

Doctors need to learn what tough love is.

Adara

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009