1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How Long Did It Take For You To Fit Into Pre Pregnancy Clothes?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Needtobestrong, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

In general I want to know how long it took you all to fit into pre pregnancy dresses after delivery?
    What is a realistic and practical amount of time that it takes for a woman's body to come to normal? After C section? It's been 10 plus months postpartum and I'm stuck at the same weight that I was post delivery.
    Many years earlier I was so focused , I have so much attention to my food habits and exercise, now I'm just not able to do so due to demands on my time and energy by family..and household chores.
    I'm feeling breathless and have back and joint pains due to the extra weight..that itself discourages me from exercising.
    Going for walk on regular basis, or gym is not possible for me..I do little dieting and exercises and light yoga at home itself.
    Kids have started calling me aunty.
    I check my weight almost every alternate day and see the same number..feeling silly :(.
    Kindly tell me how long it took to lose weight for u all without going to gym?

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

I see that you are asking for a realistic time frame... but this varies per person and body type. In my personal experience, I was breastfeeding - so I did not cut down on my food intake, and my workout was carrying my son around and doing errands, taking walks. I had a normal delivery and I did not gain much weight during my pregnancy - in fact, I was only 10 lbs over my pre-pregancy weight because I lost so much weight initially. I lost weight, and was lower than prepregnancy until I stopped breastfeeding, when I started weighing more again (18 months). Now I weigh my pre-pregnancy weight, though it's technically heavy (I could lose a 15 lbs, and be normal). I am more bothered by the extra baggage around my tummy.

So, it depends on what you are currently managing. If you are weaning, getting rid of the weight will be more difficult. You need all your energy when dealing with a 10 month baby. Soon they will be walking/running, and you will definitely get your work out that way. I never went to the gym.

I suggest buying some light weights, or using canned food cans to do some exercise. Weights help lose fat, and make you lean and strong. Try to strengthen your back muscles and try knee rolling, to help alleviate the pain due to the increased weight.

I don't think I'm giving your the answer you asked for, but I've recently started this, and it's helped me lose some tummy and add shape to my body.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  3. Ishika84

Ishika84 Silver IL'ite

For me one year in total...don't worry about your weight it's gonna reduce with time....
    Take healthy diet with full of nutrients.

4. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

I would say 4-6 months after realizing it! I say 'realizing' because funnily in my case I was around 17 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight after delivery and did nothing about until I went to India for a trip with baby. We had a big pooja and when I saw my pooja pics in saree, I was super shocked and had a revelation moment. Funny isn't it? I saw myself every single day in the mirror but only had that self revelation moment 18 months post delivery! That was the first time I told my Dh that your unconditional love did not help me in this case, wish you cared about how thin or thick I was, then I would have known earlier!! ;);)

yeah but about 6 months after I started trying to lose weight to answer your question..Don't worry you are still much ahead of schedule, it's never too late:smiley:

5. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Thanks ladies..
    I did not exclusively breastfeed as I had extremely Low milk supply..would pump and express BM while giving formula..so couldn't lose weight by BFing...:(:(
    Now struggling to reduce.
    I assumed that I would come back to shape within a year of delivery but I was mistaken.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  6. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Don't worry...you will get there. Weight loss vary from person to person and even with first or second child. I exclusively breastfed both children. WIth my first one, I was at pre-pregnancy weight within 4 months but with my second one I still have ~10 lbs to loose and she is 2 :(.
    One thing to keep in mind, you may loose all extra weight and still not fit in pre-pregnancy clothes. I can fit in my pants easily but button downs just don't fit right. I prefer blouses now.