1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

How is Nova scotia to migrate from India

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by charvih, Jul 16, 2014.

1. charvih

charvih New IL'ite

Hi,
    Iam from India, and i wish to know on Nova scotia province as iam processing to migrate to Canada, by next july with baby girl? How is the opportunity for A fashion designer (manual and Cadd technologist) and a civil engineer Cadd technologist ?

And iam curious is there good Indian communities in Novascotia ?

2. sweetnovember

sweetnovember New IL'ite

Can I ask why NS? I used to live in New Brunswick and I took the first opportunity and fled from there. The number of Indian immigrants in that part of the country is much lower when compared to bigger cities. For new immigrants, life can be tough as there are fewer opportunities etc. Having said that, I've visited Halifax on a number of occasions and I really liked the city.

3. Desigirl2017

Desigirl2017 New IL'ite

Hello anyone from Nova Scotia?

4. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

There are plenty of Indians. They are of the Inuit community. If you are in Halifax, check out the Dalhousie U. Indian students association.

5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

I have visited U of Delhousie in Nova Scotia long back. That s a nice place. I had food from an Indian restaurant. So I believe there may be Indians but not as much as in bigger cities like Toronto or Vancouver. It is colder than other places I think.

To get a job in Canada you need Canadian degree, licence and experience. This is what I heard from friends. So check your job options too. In bigger cities you will have Indian stores too. Else it is tough in the beginning to adjust to their food style. Anyway explore more before moving in there. Good luck

6. minti

minti Senior IL'ite

Hi I have recently shifted with my family to Nova Scotia . Where are you staying here

7. g3viks

g3viks New IL'ite

Hi i stay in antigonish NS