1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Is A Married Life With A Lawyer

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by AngelNew, Dec 27, 2016.

1. AngelNew

AngelNew Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ladies
    I am Richa Pandey I am curious to know how are women able to live and be happy when their other half is a lawyer be it DH/DW as they are always busy with there cases and especially to those who deal in criminal cases. The reason I am so curious is because one of my friend is married to a lawyer who deals with criminal cases and she says it is very hard as he is always in stress and busy and hardly has time for me.
    So pls ladies share your valuable experience on it especially from those who are married to lawyers for quite some time

2. AngelNew

AngelNew Bronze IL'ite

So Many People have seen but still no reply from anyone :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

OP...the question is very specific about married life with lawyers. Only people who know of someone married to a lawyer can answer.
    Plus...holiday season,activity is low on the forum.

AngelNew likes this.
  4. rajatsingh

rajatsingh Silver IL'ite

Every individual has his own stress in his life be it a Lawyer, a Doctor , an architect or a psychiatrist . By no means one can say that Lawyers have comparatively more stress in their life when compared to other professionals.

First I would like to know why do you think lawyers alone have more stress in there life.

Perception of stress is much at the individual level ; everyone perceives stress in their own unique individual way.

Stress perception differs from individual to individual; no one can generalize that lawyers in Toto, have high stress in life.

AngelNew and beautifullife30 like this.
  5. GeethaMadhuri86

GeethaMadhuri86 Senior IL'ite

LOL first its not abt ur friend ...Its abt u and ur hubby..Agree or Not :p . And yes they do have stress.Not only them doctor, Police officers has same stress level. You know it before abt there busy and married. So you have 2 adjust and make friends with ur hubby friends wives .That may solve ur boredom

AngelNew likes this.
  6. AngelNew

AngelNew Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Ladies and nice to get a response from a male also.
    @ GeethaMadhuri86 you got it right it is about myself and my dh the issue is that it has been only 1 year of our marriage and it was arranged marriage. He has been in this profession for past 4 years and he is a criminal lawyer and my father in law is also a lawyer and he is in this profession for over 35 years in the same field . My concern is that being a criminal lawyer some day one of his client may kill him as he is always around them. I am sad:disappointed::disappointed: inspite being a holiday season he is busy doing his work saying that holiday will come next year and whenever I try to talk to him he always says I got work to do and I am stressed by this case or that case and sometimes it feels that his mind is in his work all the time.

7. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

No matter what profession is, being in a job is itself a stressful thing until it is a creative work ... my other half is a government employee and everybody thinks that how lucky girl, her hubby must have a lot of time for her... irony is he is as busy as a person in an MNC :mask: I have most recently realized that its not the job that makes the person busy, its the person's own nature. If he/she is workaholic no matter what job is in hand , they will be indulged in their work only. This happens to me when i am cooking in the kitchen - being it my favorite hobby i forget about all my other worries and get stressed over why my onions are not sliced evenly :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy:

So try to take it in a funny way and talk to your husband in a cheerful way even if he is free for one hour's time. try to get involved in the case story , criminal cases are interesting as well... you may connect more with him in this way... I found this idea working in my case, the day i stopped complaining on how he don't have time for me and started talking cheerfully and asking him about his work , he even call me in his office hours even if he has just 1 minute time for me , i feel very happy. All the best dear:kissingheart::blush::blush:

8. AngelNew

AngelNew Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Dear for your reply:thumbup: The issue is that I am okk with him doing his work and I cannot deal with his cases as they all are related to rape,murder, domestic violence etc.Sorry for using such worlds I feel sad as I am a little bit to emotional person to such stories but I am surprised how a person can be soo much into work that his mind is always in his cases and the troubling part is his work schedule so rigid that he does even want to change so that we can spent some time together. I feel sad :worried::shakehead: and angry:mad::mad: about him and when I ask my dh can we go to a movie or some other place he says no I got to work and because of this we have now started arguing :argue: and I loose in the end as he is always in that courtroom mode :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:.
    That is why I posted my situation here. Any help by ladies is totally welcomed

9. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

I think you should sit with him and explain your situation when you see him free and in a good mood. I don't know if you like this as an alternate idea - you study law and join him in his office as an assistant, DH and you will be both happy.

AngelNew and Vaikuntha like this.
  10. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Sorry, but we seem to like puppy dogs asking for our owners time....
    Owner should be okay with owning a pet, and the time involved, if he gets one.
    Here it is worse than being a pet?

AngelNew and KashmirFlower like this.