1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Husbands React When You Are Sick?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Reesha, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

When I'm sick, my husband tries to do his own things (i.e. cook, sort of clean, laundry) and not to disturb me. He'll also bring me food, tea, and anything else he thinks I might need.

With that said, I don't think men have the patience to look after a sick person in the same way as women. A couple of months back I had a really bad flu/bronchitis and after doing the regular things (i.e. bringing me food, tea, making sure I'm comfortable, helping around the house), the poor thing called his mom and asked what else he should do.

I think this is very true. My mom is like this. You could get a cold/the flu/allergies/the bubonic plague and she'll still tell you "It's because you don't eat properly that you have no immune system and get sick." Lol.

Indeevara likes this.
  2. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

My husband would make his own tea, order food or else try to make anything simple. If he goes to office he will call/msg multiple times to ask hoe i am. Sometimes I get irritated by the number of times he will ask about me.

But if we are not talking to each other or had a fight and if I'm sick, he will not even bother.
    That's what I hate about him.
    His care and love depends on mood while as of me, even if I'm angry on him, I would still care if he is unwell.

I guess we women are more patient n more sincere in loving our partners than the men.

3. Indeevara

Indeevara Platinum IL'ite

As told by someone above, my husband also tries to do the regular chores if I am sick. Once when my ankle got hurt and swollen with a sprain he did the daily feet pressings too. And the bandage draping etc he only took care of. I think I am ok with so much of caring as I am not a care craving person; would rather try to do things to the best of my ability under most of the situations(have been so from young age).
    That said I would be more than happy if he can take care of our son totally on a sick day now which is the best rest I need !

SinghManisha likes this.
  4. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

So many husbands are doing in on and off basis. Still we see so many in our relations itself. The idea of am superior is cultivated in Indian men.

After all the lecture, Helping husbands ration I can say is 50-50.

shravs3 likes this.
  5. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

i think you are newly married or less than 3 yr of marriage life

rachaputi likes this.
  6. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

real love should care in what ever situation it may be. but not happening.

7. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Up to me it's better not to expect anything from husband's...then onl we will recover bit faster... otherwise we will expect some concern from them but they don't think much about our feelings and we will hurt and going to damage more ..
    My hubby will prepare coffee for himself and will ask if I need any parcel to eat..he will have his food outside ..never tried to cook even am in worst condition of not to cook... otherwise he advises me to call to my parents or sister's to come for help...
    They are not much sensible like us ...but if the condition reverses they will behave they even can't bear the pain for a while making us restless ..men's always men's...

8. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

In Indian families, boys have always grown up seeing their mother caring for the whole family.

They are not even aware that even when their mums bleed 5 days in a month shz still doing every single chore and sumtymz being a working woman even and sumtymz taking care of them while they are sick inspite of that stabbing pain n bleeding.

Never do they see their dads do much unless its a rare family or one in a million. That makes them take the mother for granted and the trend continues taking their wives for granted.

I for one would blame the mother, the woman in this case. Teach sons they are not special. Teach them to respect women. Make them do tiny chores at home.

Women whine all the time, how many of us actually work on a change. This is bcoz we are constantly looking out for attention. Constantly looking out to be acknowledged and valued for the selfless love and dedication to their family.

Sorry to say no prince charming is ever going to come and save us ! Be ur own prince, treat urself well as equal to ny other member in ur family. Dont burn urself out...its not worth it.

Men will just come back wid one retort - I did not ask u to do this for me? Did I tell u to do nytin for me? N then there is no point in shedding those big fat tears and thinking **** I shud have taken that job, or watched that movie, brought that stuff for myself , enjoyed that drink, started thst workout.

So dear ladies please stop craving for MEN attention. Rather pay attention to urself n ur needs and u'l have a happily ever after with urself :blush::cheer:

Giri12, Indeevara, Sunshine04 and 5 others like this.
  9. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

No I'm 3+ years married. But due to in-laws interference n worst issues, we still have to bond a lot. That said, he is too attached to me emotionally n the fights are always due to in-laws. Unfortunately we live with them. So no privacy no escape. If he cares more, in-laws dramas start to make him feel guilty.

10. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

:thumbsup::worship2:

Sinant likes this.