How homosexual friendly are we?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Alicia5, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Alicia5

Alicia5 Junior IL'ite

Hello ILites,

My regards to the amazing and learned ladies of IL. I have been a member of IL for sometime now but I haven't been much active thanks to my hectic schedule. But there are some things on my mind which I would like to share with you and also would like to know your views.

First I was having this weekend chit chat with mom and she told me how one of her friend's daughter got married last year in January and now she is back to home because her H is GAY:bowdown and he hide the fact before marriage because of his ill mother. His mom died a few months back so he sent her to her parents home. I just want to know why people are such liars and hypocrites in our society? Or has the society made them like that? and above all, How gay friendly are we? eg., would you let your kid/relative have the freedom to be how he is and would you be friendly with them? Please really ask yourselves and post honest answers.
    I will post my second thought in a separate post.

Looking forward to your replies.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012

2. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

one of family friend's daughter looks very pretty( can't compare ), that much beauty so one family approached for marriage when that girl studying in her 12th...her parents also very interested because that guy's family is too rich , only son and moreover same community... marriage happened and that girl came to know that guy doesnt have any male characteristics:hide:....... but that girl didnot tell to anyone in the family and she didnt get pregnant for 3-4 years so her parents took her to hospital and finally they came to know she is still virgin :hide:....
    all these things that guy's parents know it but they hided and now spoiled one girl's life....

3. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Good question Alicia...It is possible that some people will lie even if society is more accepting of their sexuality...
    As for my personal opinion, I'd rather have people be honest than worry about my approval/disapproval. At this point I don't have relatives who are LGBT but I do have very close friends who are lesbians...and my relationship with them is no different than that with my straight friends.

4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Homosexuality is a hard pill to swallow for many families even in the so called liberated societies.
    Its one thing to talk about it when its not happening to one of ur own..but when its close to home reality is different.

Most of the time people feel trapped between their sexuality and the society stigma.
    Honesty is ideal but people tend to choose survival over honesty .

5. Alicia5

Alicia5 Junior IL'ite

Hello T,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
    Its good to know that you don't discriminate between your friends based on their sexuality.
    You are right that one should not worry about how people think about them but you can only not worry until they don't affect you. But sadly, people in India still have such huge problems accepting LGBT's. I don't know when the scenario changes there.

6. Alicia5

Alicia5 Junior IL'ite

Thanks JAN,

I wish that people could survive with honesty!

7. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

I am a big supporter of homosexual's rights. One of my acquaintance is gay and he is a really nice guy. If everyone accept them as they are then more and more people would be open about their sexuality. This surely will help avoiding problems like a gay guy pretending to be straight & spoiling a girl's life in the process.

1 person likes this.
  8. Alicia5

Alicia5 Junior IL'ite

Hi Sally,

Thanks for replying.
    You are absolutely correct.

9. Mohur

Mohur Gold IL'ite

Hi Alicia,

I think its the society that has forced them to be like this... Have you seen how the majority of homosexuals are treated - even by their own families? Can you blame them for staying closeted?

As for how I Feel about it -- A whole new post about is coming soon...

1 person likes this.
  10. Alicia5

Alicia5 Junior IL'ite

Hi Mohur,

Thanks for replying.eagerly waiting for your post!