1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Handle This Behavior

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Starkgirl, Feb 21, 2019.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I can never imagine myself to leave my home and stay at some other place to take care of someone's kid and that too with their terms and conditions and no matter how much experience do I have and they don't have. Try to think this way. She may be rude but not wrong. She is there for love and deserves the same.

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

It's her dad's house it's her kid where she can live on her own terms

shravs3 likes this.
  3. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

Why should she leave the house, ITS HER HOUSE. She should ignore or send her MIL back.
    She leaving the house is a big win for her MIL and she is going to do this forever as she will be convinced that OP is meek and weak.

Amica, MalStrom and shravs3 like this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

But in this case MIL forced herself to take care of the baby inspite of not inviting her. It’s ok to take care of the baby but why unnecessary drama

Sunshine04 likes this.
  5. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Yes this is a good idea

6. Starkgirl

Starkgirl Silver IL'ite

Firstly I never asked her for help she herself insisted that she will help. Secondly what terms and conditions? I never stopped her from living the way she wants in this house so is it wrong to expect same thing from her ? Is it wrong to expect mutual respect and bit of understanding?
    Just because she is here to help , does that give her previlage to behave as she wants ? And how can it be right ?
    So is it right of me to behave same way with her? ( even I deserve benefit of doubt)
    I am sorry I don’t accept this, I am fine with no help than with the help she is giving me
    I am Alone taking care of baby day and night, I can’t count on her because when she is mad at me she will not help at all even if baby is crying bloody murder.
    Then what kind of help is she offering? Is it just to show the society that she came all the way to help her poor DIL who lost her mother few mo this back?
    I am lost here

Sunshine04 and shravs3 like this.
  7. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

No matter how wrong my post seems to be but this is what I experienced and learned. Anyways everyone here is free to say and feel. I dont have any regret of my words or anyone elses. Thanks

8. Starkgirl

Starkgirl Silver IL'ite

FYI I never stopped anyone from expressing their views, I just responded to your views but stil I haven’t got any answers !!!

9. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

OP.. ur MiL is brutal.. being a woman she should understand other woman!

Is your DH providing enough help?? Take his help in bottle feeding the baby, giving bath, changing diaper, etc. you need to eat well and rest well at this stage.
    I dont think things will change with ur mil soon. Your mental state and health will be affected with such toxic ppl. Your baby is your priority. Baby shouldnt get deprived because of such mean ppl. I would advise you to go your dad’s place and stay for few months. You will get some peace of mind.

I was in similar situation and hence i understand how hard it must be for you to stand up of ur baby! If you have to stay in the present house, then be brutal to who ever comes in your way. Put your foot down!

10. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

See there are many things that makes the behavior of a person. The circumstances that we face and the way we look at it. Some when see the negative try to kill that by being more negative and feel satisfied by hurting that person, some ignore that and some try to stay at their positive behavior no matter how wrong the world do to them. If you find negative in her behavior then you have to decide how you want to handle this. No one can change her behavior you know about that. But you want peace. So focus on that how can you get that. Sometimes by hurting her more sometimes by ignoring her and sometimes by being more positive. You need to try all in different circumstances. Just try to find out what suits when. That your mind can only suggest you. Like If you are driving a tree comes to your path then will you expect that tree to change the path? No. Then why to focus on that tree just focus on your path. Take care