How far is SSM school Perungalathur from Perungalathur railway station

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by stdhivya, Jul 16, 2012.

1. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Hi Abitha,

Once I moved to chrompet, before joining my kid to SSM school, I have talked to few of the parents whose kids are studying in SSM. They are all very happy with the school. They have told school is giving equal importance to extra curricular's in addition to academics.

As far as KG is considered, it is very good school since the school is following montessori syllabus. Perungalathur branch is having lot of facilities when compared to chromepet branch.

When I have gone to the school to get the application form, I have seen kids of age group 10+ playing chess and caram board; few kids practising for debate. Hope now a days, the features are improved a lot when compared to before.

2. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your detailed reply jeniflora.

3. stdhivya

stdhivya New IL'ite

Hi frenz,

I am aware that bus fees is mandatory in SSM . Does this mean it's compulsory that we should send the kid only by the school bus and we are not allowed to drop and pick them up from school ? I don't mind paying the bus fees though i am planning to pick up and drop my 3 yr old kid by our own transport .

Thanks
    Dhivya

4. gbraja4u

gbraja4u New IL'ite

From the next academic year(2013-14 onwards) the school bus transport in SSM will be optional. this has been announced by the management in the parents meeting. they are also planning to take out school bus after 5 yrs. the reason for this change is the ZION school bus accident which claimed a kid's life.

5. gurussk

gurussk New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am Sravanakumar,

My son's age is 2 years 1 month.I am presently living in Urapakkam,I am interested to join my son in Pre-KG in SSM. I too called the same number provided above they asked me to call September first week to know about issuing application forms . I asked about fee details but they didn't told any thing . Can any one tell how much fee while joining year[Pre-kG] and forth coming years(ukg,lkg .......ETC).

6. gurussk

gurussk New IL'ite

No Vacancy in SSM ..

7. gbraja4u

gbraja4u New IL'ite

still they have not started issuing the addmission form. how come you are saying NO vacancy in SSM ?

8. stdhivya

stdhivya New IL'ite

Hi,

Its true that there is no vacancy in SSM for pre-kg admissions 2013-2014 . I just called up the school. They informed that the management has decided not to have pre-kg admissions this year. They said they already have somestudents whom they had given forms last year and they have filled pre-kg withthose students .Hence they are notdoing any new pre-kg admissions this year.They also told me that they have put up a notice in front of the school. Find below the phone numbers of the school.
    Chrompet- 044-22731330/331/332
    Perungalathur-22792095/96
    Until 2 weeks back we were waiting for SSM admissions to open . But then we changed our decision and we have put my daughter into another good school last week. Now i feel happy i did that else i would have missed a year for my daughter.

9. gbraja4u

gbraja4u New IL'ite

very hard to digest this news, I have been waiting from July to get admissiom form in september. When I called last week they said they will issue the form on 2nd week of october. But all of a sudden they are telling No admission.this is not a good sign from SSM. Anyone please let me know any other good CBSE schools near Pallavaram.thanks in advance.

10. IACMember

IACMember New IL'ite

There seems to be news like they are trying a way to sell the unsold flats which they are planning to build in some remote area near the school. .Admissions are given only if you purchase flat (50-60 lakhs) from them.

How come they deny admissions to public without issuing applications this year?
    We have to bring this matter to cbse board.Please all send mails to cbse board.Get the mail ids from cbse board website.