How far is SSM school Perungalathur from Perungalathur railway station

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by stdhivya, Jul 16, 2012.

1. stdhivya

stdhivya New IL'ite

Hi,

Can someone let me know how far is Srimathi Sundaravalli School @ Perungalathur from Perungalathur railway station

Thanks
    Dhivya

2. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Dhivya,

The term fees for pre-kg - 2nd std, includes the transport charges. We have to pay the fees.

Anyway, it takes 3.5 - 4 km from station to school.

3. stdhivya

stdhivya New IL'ite

Thanks Jeni for the information:thankyou2:

I am planning to put my daughter in SSM next year . She is 2yrs 2 months now , by next June she will be 3 yrs 1 month . I guess its the right time for SSM admissions. They said they are giving the application forms in august. Do you know about SSM school . Can you give me your feedbacks on the school ? Kindly provide me some information on thier infrastructure , curriculam , faculty and so on?:help

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  4. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

stdhivya,

School should be 3-4kms from station.

Please refer SSM website to get an idea of the school infrastructure and curriculum. They have a Montessori system till 2nd std. My son joined SSM this year and is quite happy with the staff and environment. No homework nor uniform. They provide food and transport and both r mandatory. Its quite an old established school and so there r no major risks in joining there. The school is quite disciplined and strict even towards parents. Havent got a chance to interact with faculty directly so far and so cannot give a feedback but my son is very very comfy with his staff.

5. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I live in velachery/.My son is 2years and 3 months now.Will he be eligible for LKG nextyear in SSM?Do they check the distance.I am ready to change house if required.Also could you please tell me abt extra-activities in school?

6. vgrajeshwar

vgrajeshwar Senior IL'ite

Dhivya,
    My Kid studies in the same school. I am quite comfy with the school process. Students are not burdened with studies. I love the montessori way of teaching and my daughter loves to goto school. Infrastructure is quite good @ perungalathur. Teachers are quite friendly and polite with the kid. They follow montessori system till 2nd std. Let me know if you hv any more doubts.

7. vgrajeshwar

vgrajeshwar Senior IL'ite

Hi Abhitha,
    There is no direct admission for LKG there. We need to join in preKG and 3 years of continuous education till UKG. For Prekg the eligibility criteria is as of next june he should be some where between 2 1/2 to 3 1/2.

As they follow montessori, the students are allowed to grow in their own phase. Swimming classes starts from LKG. I think for senior students they have some activities to choose like singing/dancing and other stuffs

8. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Abitha,

I dont think SSM school bus comes till velachery. It will be quite tough for a 3yr old kid to travel 15-20kms daily and so think of shifting somewhere closeby if u r particular about SSM.

So by next June he would be 3yrs 2 months.....I guess their benchamrk is 3 yrs completion on June and so ur kid wud b eligible for LKG...but check with school. My son was 4 yrs 5 months this June and he got an admission to UKG.

Extra activities is swimming n sloga recitation upto 2nd. And from 3rd there is karate/carnatic music too and its mandatory to pick up either karate or carnatic vocal or an instrument(violin,veena,mridangam).

9. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Suhubini and vgrajeswar for ur detailed reply.

I am ok with putting my son again in Pre-kg ifrequired(as he will not be qualifiedfor LKG in most of the CBSE school)
    The school is in chrompet right?.Do they ask for addressproof before joining.?Because we r planning to shift based on the school.(Maybe to pallavaram)

when do they issue application form??any idea thanks in advance.whaat is the fee per annum ?

10. stdhivya

stdhivya New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Suhubini and vgrajeswar for all the info you have provided. You have given me a lot of confidence to put my daughter in to SSM . What is the exact admission procedure in SSM for prekg . Do they follow any specific criteria for selection or is it first come first serve basis

Hi Abitha,

The main school is in Chrompet but the Montessori i.e JM1 - SM2 up to class II level are provided at Perungalathur(near GKM engg college). We had called up the school last week to check reg the application forms . They said they will be issuing the application for prekg sometime between Aug 2nd and 3rd week . Need to call them again in August to know the exact dates. I'll update this thread once i get to know the date. Meanwhile you can also reach them @044-22731330.

I have no idea on the fees details. Lets wait for a reply from Suhubini or vgrajeswar