1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Far In Advance Should Dr Office (usa) Call To Finalize Colonoscopy Appt

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by ChennaiExpress, Aug 3, 2018.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Perhaps I am overthinking but how far in advance should Dr office call to finalize colonoscopy.

Dad's colonoscopy has been pushed nearly 6 months for some reason or another.

Then he went to another GI doctor who keeps sending reminders that it's time for colonoscopy

He was supposed to have it few days ago, but fortunately I called office and was told that particular won't do procedure, hence it was pushed to next week. The nurse said office will call today to go over preparation procedure.

Since I know they will call home, and no one will be at home, I called the office. Now I am told that none of the medical staff is in, and that I'll get call Monday.

The lady reassured me that no one comes in for procedure without knowing what to expect.

I should have expressed that Dad is in need for colonoscopy.

Have to balance being polite and patient with overworked office staff vs. helping my Dad.

I'm so tensed right now.

And if something changes unfavorably, Dad gets in more pain and discomfort.

Just venting right now...........

2. APJ1988

APJ1988 New IL'ite

Hello CE,

Where i live in NJ area, our doctor's office calls 2 days prior to procedure. mainly to confirm the appointment and location of procedure + preparation prior to procedure like liquid diet for entire day before procedure, no thick/dark color juices, broth consistency soups and how to take the medication until you have clear bowl movement. so all these details. They also gave this instruction on paper when we went for consultation appointment. Good luck with your dad's colonoscopy.

3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much .... those instructions are quite confusing ... had to read several times.

Right now Dad is not taking Multivitamin, iron, blood thinner, aspirin.... just want to make sure Dad is prepared for said appointment......