HOW exactly to bake eggless cakes, cupcakes & cookies in PRESSURE COOKER?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by rissy, Jul 29, 2012.

1. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I wanna love to make eggless cakes, cupcakes & cookies but i dont hav microwave or oven or toaster oven right now

I have traditional PRESSURE COOKER, but i dont know how to place the cakes, cookies or cupcakes in pressure cooker.:roll:
    - because some people say that you cant put container/plate filled with cake mix or cookie balls directly on cooker base , you have to put sand in cooker base and then put container/plate on it because if you dont do so, the cooker base gets burned, (but sand... yucks), I tried it once, added sand in cooker base and put alliminum cake container on it and when we tasted the cake it was feeling like sand is coming in mouth and cake is sandy.:eek
    - 2nd method is to add 1-2 cups of salt in base and then put aluminum container/plate on it, I saw this procedure on youtube while searching a method to prepare eggless cake in pressure cooker, but ain't the salt get wasted and I doubt if it gets melt, :notthatway:
    - while some advice that keep cooker base empty and put container directly on it
    Now which method to follow :help

normally we cook rice and lentils in cooker and add 1 glass of water in cooker base and put containers filled with rice and lentils over it and close it with whistle (siti) on. So the food get cooked with steam produced by water and cooker base remain safe and not burn, but for cakes and cookies i cant add water because i have to bake it and not steam it. :exactly: All i know is while making cake in cooker, the whistle on the cooker lid has to be removed , but :confused2: i m not sure how much time is needed to bake eggless cakes, cupcakes & cookies in PRESSURE COOKER, whether to close the container/plate with lid or not, whether to add sand or salt in cooker base or keep it empty. Also, i have alliminium idli bowls, in which we pour idli batter and put it in pressure cooker to cook, now can I pour cup cakes batter in it and made cupcakes, but big question, how to place it in cooker, what to add in cooker base and for how much time to cook

Then I also have the SANDWICH MAKER, :idea I am a vegatarian and also dont eat egg and honey. So can i follow the recipe for a eggless cookies and bake it directly on my spherehot automatic sandwich maker? or should i put some paper beneath it? (my sandwich maker is non-stick) I would also like to know if I can make cake in an sandwich maker. Maybe most of u will say no,
    - but once i tried to make baati (by putting lemon size and shape dough part of wheat flour in sandwich maker),
    - Also tried rawa (semolina) flour pancakes (i just added bater of rawa flour in sandwich maker and it got toasted and grilled. and came out in triangular shape as of sandwich maker & it was superb & attractive) :yes:
    - and i also made leftover chapati pockets in which i spread green coriander chutney on chapati and added leftover plantin vegetable and folded chapati in triangle shape like samosa and trust me it was awsome and success, the baati was well toasted and chapati pockets got beautifully toasted and grilled. and that way i learned that SANDWICH MAKER can be used to make items other than toasted bread and grilled sandwich. But i am not sure about cookies. If not can some one give me a good recipe for eggless sandwich maker cookie?
    :thankyou2:

2. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

54 views and no reply, can someone pls suggest about what method to use to place cake in cooker.
    Thanks

3. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rissy,

If you can get Pillsbury Choclate cake.. try it out..

You have to just add little oil and milk with the choclate cake mix and beat it. Then grease a silver plate with ghee/butter and pour the mix.

Fill the cooker with more water and put a stand in that. Then keep this plate in that stand and close the lid. Keep it for 25-30 mins in medium flame. Once it is done, just open the lid and close it in reverse and keep in low flame for another 5 mins.. Your cake is ready now.. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Sorry, I don't know any other methods. This is the one which I do very often.

2 people like this.
  4. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

5. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Yes, it comes out well.
    For birthday n all, you can just prepare this hot choclate cake around 11.15.. :) It is so yummy.........!!!!!

The sugar will be less, if you want, you can add a little more when you beat it.. :)

6. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hi rissy
    My friend makes cake in cooker , i am sharing the recipe she gave

Ingredients
    1 cup All purpose Flour / Maida
    1/4 cup Oil
    1/3 cup Sugar
    3 tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    3/4 cup hot water or milk
    1/4 tsp Baking Soda
    1/2 tsp Baking Powder

1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence

Method
    Mix together Oil, Sugar, water and vanilla essence in mixing bowl.
    Stir in all wet ingredients well until sugar is dissolved.
    Sift all dry ingredients maida, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, in wet ingredients.
    Mix dry ingredients well with wet ingredients.
    Preheat pressure cooker over medium heat for 5 mts.
    Grease cake tin well using cooking oil.
    First put one jaali in a pressure cooker and on the to of empty pot put cake tin.
    Make sure that cake tin doesn't touch the bottom of the cooker.
    Cover with the lid without putting whistle on.
    Bake on medium heat for first 5 mts.
    Lower down the heat to low to medium and cook for 30 to 35 mts.
    After 30 mts leave the cake in hot cooker for 5 more minutes.
    After 5 mts insert a tooth pick in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clear that means cake is done.
    If some batter sticks to the toothpick then continue to bake cake for 10 more minutes.
    Allow the cake to cool down for 10 minutes.
    After 10 minute run the knife around the edges of cake tin.
    Pu one dish on the top of cake tin and flip this over.
    The cake should come out without sticking to the bottom of cake tin.
    Allow it to cool down on cooling rack before putting icing on cake.

but now even i like pillsbury cooker cake , they are easy and hassle free. check in a supermarket near you.