1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You React To Such Ppl Who Care More About Appearance

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by C00lhoney, Sep 26, 2017.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Most of the time I control my anger and show a calm face before them, as though I am not affected by their stupid comments.
    But they really get in to my nerves. I think I am yet to become strong in that sense to ignore such people and their comment without taking them to my heart.
    I know that I can't change them. Some people are born to hurt others, and they do not care about their own weakness while hurting others with their weaknesses. But what to do? Why should we feel bad for their mistakes?

C00lhoney and sindmani like this.
  2. MikaMaina

MikaMaina New IL'ite

Eventhough its a little akward to hear something from a stranger , be very happy that she is open and quiet frant. Some people (many) avoid others based on looks and dressing..those are the real b*****s. She is your neighbour and not avoiding you..give her another chance..maybe tell her its hard for you to maintain body with so many things going on if she raises the topic again.

3. MikaMaina

MikaMaina New IL'ite

4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Your neighbour asked you out of curiosity if you were expecting and you said no..
    It's quite obvious that it's your paunch that was sticking out..
    Any decent person would have stopped at that but she was quite rude to make that comment..
    Can understand as I have been bullied so many times in the past for those extra kilos..
    The way to deal with them is confidence and criticism..
    People had audacity to comment on my weight after 6-7 months of my delivery when I was struggling with sleep deprivation, self esteem issues, lactation issues, relationship problems , health related issue of baby and new responsibilities. I felt so damn angry.. But it's these hurtful comments that come to my mind when I reach out for some junk food or high calories stuff and prevent me from hogging..I still haven't lost that weight but I'm atleast making attempts for weight loss else I'd have been complacent and careless about my food habits and would have gained further weight..
    This person commented to your face, but as others have told so many would make fun of your behind your back..you would need to pity such jobless people.
    As long as your husband is ok with you and understands you what do u worry about..

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

You should have answered, 'but I am not genetically related to my husband.'

sindmani, pinkRoseBud and vaidehi71 like this.
  6. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

She gave you an idea about her.
    Just maintain hibye relationship.
    If she raises the same topic again, reply rude "you don't have to care about my looks nor comment on my DH looks".

7. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

You can also say "I know but my husband finds me sexier this way, he said no need to hurry :D"... worked for me everytime and the rude ones stayed away

Naari, C00lhoney and Amica like this.
  8. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

:laughing::D

momsky and C00lhoney like this.
  9. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

I have used this line before.. haha

momsky and C00lhoney like this.
  10. C00lhoney

C00lhoney New IL'ite

hahaha....i like your response, will use it next time....nice give back....thanks momsky!!

momsky likes this.