1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Put Up With Your Inlaws?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Jas8085, Jun 12, 2015.

1. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

Person may doing it right or may be wrong ....we cant judge completely in an online forum....we can say what we think is right....if the op thinks opposite of it and convinced abt it tht she is doing right...we shuld give our opinion politely and shuld leave it at tht....
    Some people think tht cutting grandparents is not right so they said so and they should say so....
    but what advice to take this shuld be left at op....
    proving tht she is wrong in cutting grandparents is wrong is not going to help anybody as we dont know completely wht has happened with her and wht made her doing so....
    so we shuld go by what poster is saying and not try to read b/w the lines....
    thts my opinion only and everybody is free to take it or reject it...

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

we are doing just that giving opinion based on her posts . OP herself is very rude to thise posters who don't agree with her .

All we are trying to show her is a differnt opinion .She and others who agree with her are free to ignore different opinions .

1 person likes this.
  3. coolgal123

We are doing just that giving opinion based on her posts . OP herself is
    In geeral i have seen tht people who are not in support of op sometimes use sarcastic or harsh language....which is not required even if we think tht op is wrong it can be told in polite manner....people comes here for supprt and advice not for being judged....there is a person who is behind these posts....using harsh language or making fun hurt the posters....noone raise a thread for moral policing....
    people who wants to know whether they are right or wrong asks for it specifically....
    sorry op....for diverting ur thread...

2 people like this.
  4. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

How can I give a 1000 likes for this post! Very well written cheenu.

Sometimes I wonder if people would actually think better for themselves if such online websites are not even available. There are some cases where brainstorming with strangers does work well. But in a lot of cases, its just people are using IL as a crutch for the smallest of things (its a separate thread I should start, if availability of online venting area, in quite a few cases impairs people's self-thinking abilities from developing, "someone sneezed, let me post a thread in IL", "I got a bit upset today, hello gals I immediately vent", and in most cases they will do what they do - despite any number of "dont do this dear, do that instead dear" suggestions.

1 person likes this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Why do you trivialize other people's problems?You don't like the forum ,you can choose to stay away.

10 people like this.
  6. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

it is now almost 7 years of our marriage and in early years i was so nice and so obedient and gave good respect (which they actually dont deserve) but with years they became more demanding and everything was one sided ( i have to do all ..as its my duty).i was still ok till i had DD but when i saw that they are not paying attension to her and was getting off from their irresponsibility i was :spin

then i became so strong and i took stand and to my luck my hubby supported me as even he noticed that everything and all responsiblities are flown one way...so we got separated and now it is almost 1 and half year we are not in talking terms with them..we have not seen their face also. and we also got to konw they are so happy and enjoying their life..responsiblityless ....
    there are samples in this world...everytime we cannot act emotionally....

1 person likes this.
  7. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Giving support to OP does not mean that all have to join in the chorus along with OP.
    No moral policing is happening here, some find that what OP is doing is right and some find what OP is doing is wrong , simple . There are majority posts in here which are saying OP is right , so is it Moral policing? And I find your post moral policing actually on others who have a different point.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

True that.

9. coolgal123

U missed the point....i never said tht dont put the different view....i just talked abt the way it is put...
    Dont want to drag the discussion any way....so last post to u....

10. coolgal123

If somebody thinks tht problem is trivial....person should not respond to that thread as it is not worth paying attention and one should not waste timexon trivial things.......i dont think there are guidelines given for measuring the criticality of problem....
    for one person it can be big for other it can be small....