How Do You Keep Yourself Motivated On A Monday?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cheenu123, Mar 25, 2019.

1. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

After a weekend, I have a really hard time starting my work week. I dread Mondays. Regardless of how much I exercise or meditate in the morning, or do the meal prep a day before, I get really stressed out. On top of it, the crowded train journey gets on my nerves. How do I deal with this?

Thyagarajan, Afresh, shravs3 and 3 others like this.

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

I am following this thread to see if some tips help me also. :grin::grin:

3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@cheenu123,

Beginning of the week is always stressful. I too felt the same when I worked in a regular office and later when I had to get my son ready for school. Some of the ways I had adopted were prior preparation of the essentials as much as possible, plan to wear a special color or dress that would definitely get me excited or make me feel special, plan some activity to look forward to (a special call to someone who could cheer up etc) and change the paradigm where I would psych myself as if mondays were the best days of the week! Lol!

4. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Get good sleep regularly. Lot of people unnecessarily stay up late nights on Friday Saturday eat outside food or junk etc. Your body clock get confused with all this. U can avoid that and keep good diet exercise good sleep consistent irrespective of weekday or weekend.

5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I used to work ( aaahhh... those were the days).
    I reviewed by calendar for the upcoming week on Sunday afternoons, and made notes* for daily critical things that needed to be completed. My work-week busy-ness relaxed somewhat during Saturdays, and after that it was one long blur of activity.

It is not easy to adapt someone else's tips to one's life in this case. The type of work (supervised, self-driven, etc.), the age/needs of children in the household, spouse's work-life balance, % travel would all come into the scheme of things for a Monday.

Not getting up on a Monday morning with achy bones is critical to having a good work week. Regular exercise, sleep, well-behaved spouse, manage'able children, are all part of getting you there in good mood on a Monday. For those living with one or more aged parents or in-laws.... all bets are off.

*Anyone remember the Palm Pilot ? :frown: I had one, and was an active user too.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I hate Sundays :tired: Because next day is Monday :unamused:

Anusha2917, Thyagarajan and cheenu123 like this.
  7. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Thankfully I have a very cooperative manager. She is chilled out most of the time and so far happy with my work. It is the getting up on Mondays and then the long commute that gets on my nerves.

Afresh likes this.
  8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheenu,
    In the recent past, I was doing a long (relatively) commute in the bus. First few times I felt exhausted. Then I found a way to entertain during that time. For me, I cannot read when a vehicle moves so I started to listen to my favorite songs and chant mantras. It was blissful and it was a perfect time to be with yourself. This technique helps me when I do the household chores after a long day too.
    Hope you will come out of this. As @gauri said, like with everything, plan ahead and maintaining a disciplined life helps to move on.
    Vani

Thyagarajan, Afresh and cheenu123 like this.
  9. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

The getting up always is tough and we learn to make peace with it as we go along ;)
    You could try to not alter your sleep routines much on the weekend ,if possible. Waking up at similar times (albeit more relaxed on weekends) would really help. Maybe a commitment to a healthy morning routine can also help in this cause.
    personally, i don't like to keep my sunday evenings too busy, because it helps to focus on getting ready for the next week.
    also, discovering a likeable way to enjoy the long commute solitary time would help.

Happy adapting to the monday blues :)

cheenu123, Amica and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:It is a proven fact that most of the fatal heart attacks around the world occurs in the still hours of Monday.
    2. If one enjoys merry making to extended hours during the week end not followed by adequate sleep rush of stress on Monday morning believed to lead though not immediately yet progressively fatal heart attacks even at young age 30 -40.
    3. A relaxing Sunday with loved ones at home followed by early dinner and adequate sleep seems to be good for all working men and women.
    Regards.
    God bestows robust heart to relaxed ones.

Anusha2917, Afresh, cheenu123 and 2 others like this.