How Do You Keep Watch On Your Children, How Do You Motivate Them?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by sarvantaryamini, Nov 21, 2018.

1. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

As a parent how do you take care of your children's activities at home? As many of you are aware, nowadays interacting with neighbors is not so easy, especially if one lives in a single family/indepedent house - however big/small it is. As a result, if there are kids in the house, it is very difficult to find other kids to interact with them. Unless one lives in an apartment, it is not easy to find playmates for kids. Arranging for play dates is also not that easy. It can happen at most on a weekly basis. Consequently, kids are taking to iPads/tablets, laptops or some electronic device for play. How does one make sure that they spend less time on the device? How do you make sure they don't see the wrong stuff by accident and start getting addicted to it? I have changed the settings on my iPad. But I am not finding time to implement the same on my mac workbook. And whatever I tried on the workbook is not working at all. I still see the adult websites when I search using the keywords. Please advice.

2. itsmebhagi

itsmebhagi IL Hall of Fame

Hello :) A common problem faced by many parents these days..

Please ensure that you spend quality time with your children at home by interacting with them.. Make it a practice, so that eventually kids start sharing things with you.. You may then slowly tell them how they can spend time in a useful manner..

Present generation kids spend most of the time at school and other classes, very less time at home and almost negligible time with parents..

During weekends try making it more productive through small games.. Similarly you also share your thoughts so that he/she will feel the bonding..

Do talk about safe internet usage, good/bad touch openly as there is nothing to hesitate about.. The more open (in a genuine way) you are, the more safe they will feel to confide anything in you..

Appreciate them for even the smallest of things they do.. Keep a chart and give them stars and smileys motivating them - They will feel valued.. :)

Think about enrolling them in healthy games where they get to interact with kids!

Hope this helps.. Good luck to you..
    Happy family time :)

3. noire

noire Silver IL'ite

@sarvantaryamini
    Getting them hooked on reading is one way to ensure that they don't spend an unhealthy amount of time on tablets and laptops. How old are your kids?