How do you introduce yourself to a group of new people?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Suprada, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Suprada

Suprada New IL'ite

Hi, I am Suprada. I am new here. I don't have any social skills. Wherever I go I feel alone, and cannot just go and introduce my self. I feel left alone. I just avoid going to parties, or crowded places. Even with the people I know I don't know how tcontinue conversation. I don't know what to talk about. So, I don't want to meet the people I know too. I can't go farther than saying hi. Because of this I don't have any friends. I came to this forum hoping all of you wonderful indus ladies can give me some advice on this. Hope I get lot of replies.
    Suprada

2. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

hi suprada,
    why u need to feel alone? it is kind of degrading urself... even though i am a homemaker, i will be more strong when i am speaking to working ladies or the people who is more grade than me.. because i feel myself that i am more beautiful and nobody is there to replace me... whenever i go to party with my husband i will be attractive than his colleague girls because i used to engage myself and talk to everyone confidently.. even my DH's boss appreciated to my DH saying that i am more sportive....be confident and talk freely, don't hesitate and leave ur complex and come out of it...

3. Suprada

Suprada New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I just realized I posted my thread in Indian in Qatar Forum. I don't know how to delete or move it to appropriate forum.
    Thanks for the reply SubhaGanesh. I want to know how to start conversation and make friends. After meeting people, and making friends with them ( If the other person is talkative , she will talk), if i meet them for the second time, i don't know what to talk. That's why i feel uncomfortable when I meet them again.

4. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Moving to an appropriate FORUM....

5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

dear friend...

For many people, starting and keeping up with a conversation is often a challenge. So, dont despair.

I friend of mine started watching regular talk shows on TV and started keeping herself updated with all the happenings around her.

The most common topics for starting a conversation revolve around the weather, kids, food, restaurants, TV serials.jokes etc

Always listen carefully to the person speaking, Share your own experiance on that topic or always respond even if there is a difference of opinion. VOicing your views will make you more confident.

1 person likes this.
  6. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

If you meet the same person again then smile and say hello/hi, how are you?
    You can say we met at...place right? Discuss the present function, its starting time, guest of honor if any , reason for the party etc.
    Be comfortable with yourself, its not necessary to be the centre of attention all the time.Quiet people who listen attentively are much appreciated.
    Make the other person talk , ask questions related to that persons job, interests ,everybody loves to hear the sound of their own voice!
    Relax and enjoy yourself , confidence makes one interesting.