How Do You Identify Your Passion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by omsrisai, Jun 1, 2018.

1. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Last night was watching a video about passion and life etc,how did you identify your passion as for me i am unable to identify it.
    So thought getting some insight from your experiences.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2018
    anika987 and shravs3 like this.

2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I was born with tapping feet. By age three, I was scatting do re do re and swinging my chubby hips. My parents assumed that I would take to classical dance and enrolled me in kuchipudi. To their dismay, I tanked in those classical moves and refused to attend the boring classes. Well, I wish to only flap my arms and swing my booty ...why such moves to be honoured with the constrained tatta tattata. I would play music and continue my jinga lala dance.

In school, I aced in monkey dance ..no coordination and no grace but swing my body like a psyched up rattle snake. (O' those days, nagin dance was quite a tantric shimmy). In birthday parties, tiny tots would ek do teen and I would command the centre stage like a bully and thamma thamma. Then hostel was loud music with midnight aao twist kare. Later, I scared a man or two with my morning chaddi dance, wake up and swinga lala. They found me very amusing!

Much later, I was chided by a vexed neighbour on my sona kitana sona, tu mera hero : "can you turn the music down".

Then, now, I still continue leaping from bed in the morning and swinging to danza kuduro jumps. That's uninhibited passion.

anika987 likes this.
  3. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for your reply and it was really helpful.

4. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Even I am unable to find mine.. I would like to request more people to post about how they found theirs..

5. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

What makes you happy ? What do you like to do for prolonged time and did not notice that hours passed ? What’s something interesting you like to do as soon as you wake up on a weekend ? Do you like to grow flowers? Do you like photography? Do you like to design anything in Adobe? Do you like to watch cooking shows ? Do you like crocheting or embroidery? Do you like to draw or paint ? It can be cartoons too

These are just little pointers to identify your interest.

kaniths, anika987 and Gauri03 like this.
  6. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Most things in life are choices. You don't 'identify' a passion lurking fearfully in the deep dark corners of heart and mind, fervently wishing not to be found. It's not as if you're laboring on a street corner, with hard hat and shovel, digging a hole for yourself as you wait in anticipation, wolf whistle at the ready, for your passion to swing by in miniskirt and high heels.
    Simply decide.
    Choose.
    You don't find it.
    You create it.

kaniths, Laks09 and Gauri03 like this.
  7. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

My passion changes with seasons. Once it was sketching, one time it was gardening, one time it was photography. Now it is just sleeping when time permits. I somehow can't carry my passion or interest for long.

anika987 likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Lot of passions...
    I love dancing and do a lot of Zumba.Else I workout with YouTube videos.

I love fitness and hardly miss going for my workouts in the gym.

I love yoga.I am not a pro in it but am
    Practicing it.

Music and movies..

Travel.

Food but coz of my gumming this passion is curbed:(
    But I have my binge days and even eat an entire thick crust large cheese pizza all by myself.not kidding.

Lot of small things make me happy but still at times I get bored due to winters,lack of friends but it’s ok.Rather have positive quality people rather than just people in the name of friends..

Recent passion is cooking.

9. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Hmmm, passion is inside of you, always. When your mind is relaxed and feels care free it comes out.

:banana: my son gave me the amazon prime membership....last 2-months, I don't have enough time to read / watch BBC thriller series....very busy summer ahead! It is like never ending source of my personal library! :banana:

anika987 likes this.