1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Handle Hatred From Another Parent ?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by mangaii, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Any activity that gives you stress is simple not worth perusing; you tried for a year and its not working, I say just quit.
    But if I were you, I would get the man and her together (maybe after class) and address the issue. Something in the lines of, "I am not sure if I offended you. If I did, it was without my knowledge. But We decided not to continue at the camp anymore because of you and the way you have been treating me. This is not the kind of environment that my kid needs to be exposed to. We loved it so much but its come to a point where I have to make this hard decision and call it quits."

2. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

In my view, it is not worth the stress. How much importance, do you like to give for that activity in the future? These days, kids try every kind of sports and eventually pick one - that would be tennis.

In long run, team sports is not for our kids because many parents here, re-live their life through their kid's sports. As you described, it could be the extreme in some cases. I experienced somewhat like that in local baseball league. Let it go, find another activity for your kid rather than exposing him/her to the toxic environment and bitter feelings at this age.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  3. DeveloperVijaya

DeveloperVijaya Junior IL'ite

Persevere. It will always work out in the end.