1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel if your DH works from home for months?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by DST, Jan 20, 2012.

1. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Good, you are consistent in doing meditation,good result if your DH WFH.:)

2. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Most of them felt the same INITIALLY. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. DST

DST Bronze IL'ite

Pity you...Its hard to manage with kids....

On the whole, its all like having a live tracking system at home
    Thanks other ILs for stepping in.

4. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Hey;
    MY Dh is WFH mostly. He travels for client meetings and such other important stuff.
    He is a VP (Indian company); so you can imagine the work pressure.
    He has to manage offshore and onsite resources; so his day starts (calls) starts from 6 AM (Offshore team); and ends @ 10 PM (sometimes 2AM or no sleep nights are also there).
    Add to it; we are living in a one bedroom apartment .
    Add more to it; we have 2 kids; a 3 year and a 9 month old.

My take on WFH:
    It was terribly irritating;initially; not to mention the fights that erupt .
    But now; we have found our peace. We both have decided on our schedules; and how to squeeze in the family time; we have decided on the chores to done my DH @ homefront. We both have found the way that works for us. I do not differentiate WFH any different than a day when my DH goes for meetings. My household works are done at the same time. So all I can say is WFH isn't as bad as it shows. A couple of HTH on "expectations" can make the life very easy.

Today; I can say; the best help for me post-delivery of my 2nd one; is my DH being @ home. Since he is @ home; I drive to put my 1st one to school; w/o bundling my infant in this winter. My first one's school pick-up and drop-off time is my second one's nap time. There are so much work I can do w/o tagging my baby with me just coz my DH avail WFH option; and I "timetable" baby's sleep. Also the "romantic moments" that you can squeeze in when the work is less intense... I say I love WFH option.

I won't say life is all bed of roses; particularly when pre-menstrual hormones gets worked up; but isn't all those a part of life ..

Always remember; grass is always green on the other side. Do think and find the positives of the WFH option you have; I am sure that you will see the benefits as well; and start loving it.

-Nitha

4 people like this.
  5. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

I just love it when my dh works from home. I miss him when he is in office and keep calling him all the time. I'm just so glad when he works from home, I peep around him once in a while but leave him alone. He takes a break once in a while to chit chat with me.

Somehow, I never never get bored of my dh even if I have him around 24 hours.

6. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

How I wish me and My DH can get WFH options...sigh...

7. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

I work from home and it drives both of us crazy! It is tough to regulate your routine without an external force driving it...:drowning

8. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

hi,
    Working from home:there are advantages as well as disadvantages.Personally I dont enjoy working from home at all.Neither i can enjoy with my children nor I can peacefully answer work related calls if any.It leads to more stress:(Once in a while its ok to work from home.If there is a need or emergency my hubby manages to work from home but if he is working from home then there is no time limit to it and no family time at all:(
    RGDS

9. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

I would like my husband to try working from home, but alas, its just not possible for him.
    But then I think like cj1980 said. I am a housewife. But I have my chores and routines. My home is my office and work place. And I like my space, some quiet and loads of freedom.

I guess its not that easy anyway. I've seen that friends with kids suffer the most. They can't be themselves when dad is home, working. Everything's got to be a bit more quieter and a child sure can't be that way, unless he manages to sleep 9 to 5..lol

Hope you've got the hang of it now DST :).

10. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

My DH will remain constantly on phone, talking loudly...not able to concentrate on my work... privacy is not an issue for me....I cannot sit for even 5 min if DH remains at home...frequently tells me to do this and that....never gets up from his chair...wants water every half an hour at his desk.....will tell me to do his work or will ask me to search for his missing things daily :bonk. DS too follows his path....they both make me crazy if they stay at home....can handle only one.:bonk since i WFH. Sometimes feel like going somewhere all alone...:spin

Cannot imagine him working from home.

1 person likes this.