How do you feel after returning to Chennai.

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by Shanvy, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

A very useful thread for people like me who are still favouring living abroad but want to be with family too!! We have recently bought a house in Pallikaranai so our plan is to eventually move back. Both our parents and loads of relatives are in Chennai. Right now I think i'll be the most complaining party in the family on the cons of Chennai but eventually will grudge and settle down as I always havebonk.

One point I wanted to mention seeing Vkrithika1's reply. My SIL (she lives in Chennai) had been to visit us early this year on a business trip. She was mentioning that most of the population in Chennai has become very gossipy, jealous and too crowded. In particular she said one cannot expect such private family atmosphere as we have here.

I suppose the first aspect is true in any developing metro... more money, better capacity to procure things and hence stiff competition. The second thought, well, unfortunately, perhaps the chaos is what we miss out here and want to move back!

As of now i'm happy where I am but will keep an eye on this thread...

Latha

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Adara,

My only suggestion would be, don't do the returning plans with a see-saw mind setup. as i see it all your us pros weigh heavier than the indian pros.
    so think about it only when you are really wanting to come back.

every system has an drawback. otherways teachers from us, singapore, malaysia would not be visiting schools in chennai.??

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Bala,

Complete your stipulated 50 posts to get your pm access and send me a pm:thumbsup.

It is more your call bala. my dh always tells me that there is never anything called free lunch. you have to pay the price for the decision or act in one way or the other.

Right now, I am happy with my decision 80% that my kids are doing better. but the 20% we miss being a family.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Thanks you Raji. wanted to reply immediately. but with some work to be completed before i land in muscat keeps me coming in on and off...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Thanks nitha, yes. no jaldi, but time flies, and you are right babies grow fast...

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Latha, welcome to this thread, i know, you are a proud owner of chettinad villas?? i think i read that somewhere. The beauty of chennai, is you crib, grudge about it yet you love it.

Latha, tell me, where people have not become selfish. the main problems have started happening because we are becoming nuclear in the thought process. With all the fuss/tensions of the joint family, i feel there was a better helping tendency and things. with the nuclear, we have become more into I. the children are also taught to be selfish. and everybody is interested in every other person's life. the reason, you want to be ahead in the race. you have 1 new mobile, i will get that today..:spin:spin, i do see it happening...

come to think of it, even abroad, we are not in day-to-day contact with people, other than work place, if we were then, maybe we will have something to complain on that too..(again this is my own observation)

7. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

Thanks for your reply.

What you mentioned is absolutely correct. I will definitely not stay in my brother-in-law's house. They are too good to me. I won't deny that. But everybody has their own limitations.

We have an independent house in chromepet. If it is required, i will take a flat in the city and stay with my DDs. No hassels about it.

Regards,

Raji

8. oasis

oasis New IL'ite

we also planning to go back chennai after 1 yr....but we cant get the favourable work timing in indiaas such as here especially for software engg

9. usharajesh

usharajesh New IL'ite

we are planning to return to chennai next year.Glad to find u ladies.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Oasis, You cannot find the favourable time in any sector other than government offices even there now adays, there are strict warnings to be on time. since you are now having an idea about the timings, you will conditioned to that, along with the travelling time and the traffic....:thumbsup.
    Expectations result in frustations.

welcome usha. all the best...