1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How do you eat flax seeds?

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Viiksha, Sep 5, 2012.

1. previ

previ Senior IL'ite

Rickets is vit D deficiency. Speak to a pediatrician and start Vit D and Calcium supplements for your child. Yes you can give flax seeds to your kid but it will not help with rickets. Rather it is rich in Omega fatty acids especially for vegetarians who don't eat oily fish.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I use it in salads,french toast.

3. Skyfriend

Skyfriend New IL'ite

You can Roast and powder it with roasted jeera/cumin seeds, red chillies, salt to taste. And eat this with idli, dosa etc by adding little ghee or curd to it.

But make in small quantities and use it within a week as it is said that the flax seed powder loses its nutrients if stored for longer time

4. Belacar

Belacar Bronze IL'ite

I usually roast flaxseeds, powder them and use the in Mixed Vegetable soups, on a daily basis...

5. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

It is better to eat flax during the 1st 15 days of your menstrual cycle(till ovulation) as it increases Estrogen. If taken later on, it may interfere with the normal menstrual cycle as complained by some members here.

6. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

I make flax seed laddoos with jaggery. I also put cashews ,almonds and all the dry fruits that you can find under the sun. I dry roast these dry fruits grind them and then mix them. I dry roast flax seed too and powder it.
    These laddoos are very nutritious and work wonders for your skin and hair. Please do try them. PM me if you want reciepe.