How do you define 'Successful'? [In Career]

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by ILoveTulips, Dec 14, 2011.

1. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

If your personal goals can be met and dream have been fulfilled then you can be called successful. If you are able to enjoy what you do and are able to make your presence felt to your team by work, support, guidance, etc. I mean its a combination of monetary needs(raise, promotions, onsite trips) + respect from peers . Different ppl want these in diff ratios.

2. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

ILT,
    Sucess is very subjective. To define it objectively, would be to say, "You achieve success, when you reach your goals". But at each point of time in life, our short-term goals get reshaped and restructured all the time. Like, getting good ranks in school/ getting into reputed institutions / higher education / highly-paying job / constant promotions and so on. When you are a lead, your next goal is to become a manager, when you are a manager, you want me to be a VP. So our goals get redefined every now and then. So as long as we are in the right path to achieve our career goals, that can be termed successful, I would say!

3. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

Work Life Balance (WLB)+Money+Power+travel+Contacts+many more = so called successful

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

ILT dear successful in Career is when your job is appreciated by everyone. When you are able to manage office and home equally. When you join in a job and by the end you have reached great heights.

In my case I worked for 38 years, 2 years in on job and 36 years in another job. In the second job I joined as a Typist, then promoted as a Stenographer and I was more happy when I was promoted as a Senior Assistant and was given the job of handling Bank Reconciliation of the whole Companym though I did not know much about accounting. Slowly I learnt and I could do my job well to the satisfaction of the higher authorities. When the new programme in Computer was introduced, just now I dont remember the name, it was difficult in the beginning. I used to be worried when Reconciliation never used to tally but was happy that the higher authorities had confidence in me that I will manage to do it. I was given help also and later I was able to tally. That time I felt so happy that something I have achieved.