1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do you control anger ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by MeenLoch, Feb 19, 2008.

1. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

A simple question " How do you manage your sudden energy burst due to anger/ disappointment ? "

[​IMG]

Some of the steps that I have come across so far are
    1. 'Close the door, hit a pillow hard, real hard to vent the negative energy out'. I think it works.

2. Next method is to 'Clean the house', using up all the energy. Or do some pending physical work, which requires time and energy.

3. Also one can write a journal/ write out what she/he felt. This also helps in diffusing the anger.

4. Pondichery mother said, " do not give expression or form to anger, it grows further if you do"

We do not like it, when we have lashed out words, it creates cracks and it gets difficult to collect the pieces of the broken glass, doesn't it ?

This adrenaline rush can be used in a better manner.

sindmani likes this.

2. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Meenloch,

If u meditate also ur anger is controlled I found out.

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Meens I have tried and nothing works ..i am really very very short tempered..every day i thank god for sending my husband to me who to this day has "put up" with me..will continue so for the rest of life..nowadays I dont even try to control anger..so what if i am angry I think i am entitled to it..dont yu? maybe i am shocking u talking like this and maybe i should give a big lecture on how to control anger?????? hahaha..

4. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Madhu, meditation de-stresses you, relaxes nerves and works well for anger. I have seen it in myself.

Feeling entitled to be angry - That's so common dear. I write down long mails and save them as drafts and eventually delete them, if I am angry at that person. I do talk about the matter, but not at the fit of the moment. Once I mellow down words are relatively better. :)...Lecture eh ? Go ahead !!

5. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

MeenLoch - Your idea is good - writing a draft mail and not sending it, but deleting it when cool. I should try it.

6. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Vidya,
    I'd definitely try this out...sometimes I even think if I have some disorder and do I need a therapist...poor DH..sometimes I even think is it my DH's fate that I came into his life...really I need some remedy immly to put an end to this....

let me try this out..

7. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Shravanthika,
    It's the adrenaline rush. It's nice to be young and restless. It's not all wrong. After all we are energetic.
    Writing helps big, do try :)..

For some irresolvable problems, we have to learn to co-exist. For women, we can talk to other women friends too and pour it out, the anger and frustration I mean. :)

All the best !

8. vase

vase Senior IL'ite

Hi ,
    Like AC and Shravantika, I too was very short-tempered and used to get angry very quickly and very often. Yes.. it was too much on the family.... I realised the main cause was stress due to heavy work load at office. I gave it a long thought (over a couple of years) and finally decided to move into a low - stress job .... since the last 12 months, my angry outbursts have come down drastically ...but not disappeared for ever... i am still working on it very consciously....

9. sudhasrk

sudhasrk New IL'ite

hi Meenloch
    I also agree to the way of writing a mail and delete it when .but my mom used to tell when ever u get angry and before uttring a word try to say 'narayana' in mind for a minute and close eyes for a second to calm down .it is ture also in my case.

10. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

vase,
    Sorry for a delayed reply..
    Working on anger helps us a lot. It improves heart health.
    It gets difficult when we get consumed by anger completely right ? We should watch even before it gets so intense.