1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do U Handle Micro Managing Mil

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Needtobestrong, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Situation is such that when MIL is with us also she wants to over near and know each n everything that I talk with my husband..now there is some function in native place hence few months she has shifted there..I'm managing household, and baby on my own..I'm housewife now..
    As it is I'm having lot of work, she keeps calling everyday and enquiring what I have cooked, whether I have prepared special dishes , and gives instructions to invite so n so guests..
    My baby has been having sleep problems and health problems and post vaccination troubles etc from quite sometime..obviously with sleepless nights sometimes I may cook, sometimes make simple stuff or order from outside..my hubby is going thru stressful situation at work so little bit only he can help..Inlaws r not bothered about ours or baby health..daily they just wanna know of household activities..
    I myself m struggling as maids take leaves often, even cooks r unreliable here..I'm also not keeping good health and taking medications ...
    It's so damn irritating that they keep asking micro details of our day to day activities and if there's any such day that we r unable to cook n clean etc or entertain people who visit I get full lecture about it..
    It's a common problem na..how do u guys handle it?

2. shri0218

shri0218 Silver IL'ite

It is indeed a common problem! The thing is the ils don't realize they are interfering way too much..they think it's their duty and show their care that way..
    If she keeps calling you don't attend all the time..restrict it to once/twice max and tell her some excuse..that you were busy, network issue of some reason..
    And regarding cooking tell her this is all you cooked and that's it ..or ask your husband to manage her..when she asks that pass the phone to your hubby and and walk out of the room..works for me :)

Needtobestrong and sindmani like this.
  3. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

I hear you... This is how I managed . I reduced talking to them , next time when they ask, I tell them yeah I was with baby , else I had some clean up to do and didn't see your call. The more you bother to keep them in head the more they will manage you :) .Talk very sweetly but reduce the minutes you talk.

4. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Yeah.. try to avoid her n talk in front of ur husband on speaker so he knows how they ask n tone.. I learnt this from cosis.. never talk to them wen ur alone.. try to avoid questions like these .. be strong n say politely cooking is there nothing new in it ..when I get time will cook special n definitely tell u..u say how's life or something ..learn to answer back.. hopefully more ladies will tell u how to tell them.. m way bad at this.

5. Nikita2888

Nikita2888 New IL'ite

This happens in every house.. wen my mil calls me often i try to reduce attending.. we have a great excuse BABY.. so u can tell them u were engaged wid baby or etc.. simple.. Gradually these calls will get reduced.. U shud b grateful that she s not near u and micro managing.. coz that's another hell..

sindmani, Needtobestrong and sumzaya like this.