1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

How Do U All Manage Pick Up/drop From Preschool(for 3/4year Old Kids )

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by gknew, May 15, 2017.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    My DS is currently going to day care for full day. He is three and half year old.. I don't have any preschools near my location. So, I have placed him in a day care which is near to dh office. So,he will pick him and drop him. I am a Stay at home mom now.
    Next year he gonna be in pre k. There is no private preschools nearby and have to travel 10-15miles,which is in opposite direction to dh office. I don't drive here. Learning right now..

Even if I place kid in a preschool which is far from home, I don't know how to manage the pick up/drop. How do u all manage to do that? We have only one car and am yet to drive on my own here. Does any preschool provide transportation?

Any inputs? Would like to know from other moms..

Thanks.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Preschools do not provide transportation. Afterschool daycares that pick up children from elementary school (KG onward) provide transportation.

Most people drop and pick child themselves. Is there no preschool nearer than 10 miles? That is a little unusual. Usually, there will be a church run daycare or a family run daycares in the area if there are enough families with young children. The city's community centers also offer preschool programs.

Until kindergarten, the child only needs to go to preschool to socialize. And for mom to get a break. The rest of the stuff -- reading, writing, math, and some art, science activities, some physical activity, you can do at home. So, don't rule out any nearby options of preschools, daycares. For those also, you'd need a car or convenient bus route.

There are kid drop-off services in some areas, with background-checked drivers (mostly suburban moms). But these are very expensive.

sindmani and gknew like this.
  3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your reply Rihana..there is only a daycare within 5miles and he currently goes there.. No private preschools nearby. I would check on other options.