1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do I Get Desire To Travel Again

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by ChennaiExpress, Jan 7, 2018.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Before marriage I wanted to visit Disneyland by myself.

My Dad was scared I'll never get married and he said let's focus on getting you married, you can visit Disneyland with your Husband.

As we all know he only married for GC and didn't want to be seen with me in public.

Only places I traveled was hospital (due to miscarriage) and attorneys and courts, to dissolve the marriage.

It will be three years this year that marriage was dissolved.

Now I see beautiful photos of Shimla, Dharmsala (I wanted to visit there few months prior to marriage), and Himachal Pradesh.

I wish to travel these places someday. Only problem is, I am scared I will break down and cry thinking this should have been my honeymoon.

Will this feeling ever go away?

Archanaanchan likes this.

2. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Dear CE,

I have been reading your posts & have been observing that almost every weekend you wander back into your past & also possibly get sad & then either write poems to give vent or write a snippet. Dear, this has to stop in order for you to move on. I have 2 suggestions for you:

1. Resolve today to never revisit your past / negative incidents from past. Stay in the present at all times. Stay cognizant of your mental thoughts & every time it tries to wander off back in the past, hit the brakes.

2. I think you are in love with the idea of being “in love and married.” You being a really old IL member, I don’t need to tell you how marriage doesn’t translate into happiness. It just brings in new set of problems with few good things. But it’s not all roses.

Instead, Enjoy your present with dad & forget all the past dear. Focus on being happy right now , without attaching conditions like “being married “ “getting this that” etc etc .

Once you are able to do that, plan travel to different places. You will then be able to enjoy each & every moment.

3. ChennaiExpress

Ahhh I wish I can hug you right now!

Ok, just like I can ban certain foods from my diet, I'll have to ban these thoughts (to start, at stop least posting about it, whether poem or snippet, etc)

Somehow my Dad is able to make jokes here and there about little things, and still have smile on his face. How he does it really amazes me!

I do enjoy making coffee for him. It's one thing to set it up before going to office, it's another thing to make it fresh and serve it to him.

It's at the same caliber as Starbucks.

Archanaanchan likes this.
  4. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Hugs to you CE:blush:
    No, here’s a challenge for you. If you wander off, write a positive poem to beat that.. let the creativity flourish but in positive direction!:grinning:
    Ok then we are coming. Keep some coffee ready for us:wink:

5. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

@ChennaiExpress
    Hey dearie, you are a lovely artist and a wonderful writer....
    Dont waste your emotions and energy on negative things... honeymoon alone doesn’t guarantee happiness....

First and foremost a big beary hugs from me.... today if u want to cry about all that happened in your life, please cry ro your heart’s content, but promise me one thing, after this day you wont cry for this reason ever again....

Eat all that you want, paint, write, enjoy with your father, go out and meet your friends... Or else meet your old friends, go for a movie.... always and always keep smiling.....

Wishing you loads of peace with another big hug

6. ChennaiExpress

That's a fantastic idea. Will replace with positive poems.

Delicious hot coffee ready for you!

7. ChennaiExpress

Big beary hug to you too!

After this day, "No Woman, No Cry"

Eat, Paint, Write, N'joy

nandinimithun likes this.
  8. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Thats my girl and thats the spirit darling

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  9. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Tricky! Not unless you set it free and liberate yourself from the overladen and misdirected inquiry. No point speculating the counter-factual “what-if honeymoon” past.

Like a recurring deposit, you are reinvesting in your past two much. You are reaping the pain with interest-credited more pain. You are accruing tremendous self-directed agony. You need to snap out of it sooner as it has already been three years and you don’t want to be blighted forever by your irrepressible past.

I don’t know how these solutions work but your passion for prospective future should be bright enough to dim and eventually blot out the fading past but as long as you are shining too much unwanted light on it, it will haunt and trap you forever in its reflective guise. You are reliving your bad memories often and inflicting unreasonable pain. Every recount of your past is only foregrounding the misery.

Here’s the thing. All people encounter pain. Some people recover naturally and bounce back swiftly or gradually on their own. Others need external stimulus like therapy to guide them. If you are finding it challenging to untangle from your past with forced will, please consult immediately professional help.

You may not realise but even casual online passers-by who have no affiliation to your broad identity could in no time spot your remission in wallowing too readily in pain within your standalone narratives and getting addicted to gratuitous and untenable cheer and sympathy from onlookers. These are mere pointers for you to introspect. What is prompting you to relapse repeatedly? Try to think. The past upheavel or the present indulgence. Think. This is the kind of confrontational inquiry brought forth in a professional evaluation so don’t take this as a targeted brusque exchange with you. Bad things happened. But, you are not terminating there and further incubating those “bad” events to gestate into “worse” nag.

You are losing out too much in life by replaying your past. One day, you might regret having replayed it too often in your malleable brain that it has consumed you completely and you are unable to shake it off even with induced help. Seek professional help. Online posters may only notice your pattern and overt symptoms and convey but cannot guide a rehabilitation of your entrenched thought process. Reflect and Think. Life sometimes catches us unawares, you may not even realise your own state. Hope you take my message in the right spirit.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  10. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Sketch your own happy face and just keep looking at it. :)