1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How did you tackle-MIL,SIL,CoSis??

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sweetestshweta, Dec 7, 2011.

1. vidyasantha12

vidyasantha12 Junior IL'ite

Oh its very difficult .....i dont knw watever i say wil be a grt issue...and in my experience its better to adjust and go...I share all matters only with my husband.. in my life FIL plays like villan...ha ha he always find mistakes only...wat to do? smtime i cry and nw am with my husband in uae.so escaped .but still woryying abt the past....i pray god to give me a strong heart to overcome all these problems...May god bless u all..

2. sweetestshweta

sweetestshweta Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies..
    I was going through an article and found some useful tips which I would like to share with you all..

According to Delhi-based marriage counsellor Gitashree Rajgopalan, the early signals of a tug-of-war between a girl and her mother-in-law are:

1. When your MIL (mother-in-law) starts spending more time with your husband than her own husband.
    2. When she barges into your room with some petty issue while you and your husband are in the middle of something important.
    3. When she tries to dictate his choices (of food, clothes, habits etc).
    4. When she cuts you short in front of him.

These "non-verbal signals", as Rajgopalan puts it, will help you gauge exactly how your mother-in-law feels about you, though she might not be telling you anything directly.

So is there anything that you can do to win your mother-in-law over? Definitely, just follow these golden rules:
    1.Be pleasant and courteous to your in-laws, in spite of what they think of you. Remember the problem lies with your MIL and not you!
    2.Never point out anything negative about your MIL in front of your hubby. After all, she is his mother.
    3.Don't go out of the way to please your MIL - remember it often backfires. So keep your communication minimal, unless she is forthcoming.
    4.Never let your ego get in the way. Under such circumstances a clash of egos is the worst fallout!
    5.Watch out for how much support you gain from your husband. When things turn sour, men often choose to stay indifferent. So if he loves you, he should speak for you too.
    6.Finally, if things are not too bad, try implementing the age-old trick of a little love and some communication to clear the air!..

Hope these tips will help newly weds in dealing with difficult MIL..

3. swathimanindra

swathimanindra New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have experienced many problems with my co-sister and in-laws.it is 3 years i got married and our's is a joint family. I got married when i was persuing my MCA 1st year.. and i have completed my PG recently. During this period of three years i have faced many problems with co sis and my MIL. I have faced many sleep-less nights because of them.. Now after three years also i have same situation in my home. I dont even have a freedom to cook what i like. they dont even bother about me and my belongings. My cosister will blame me for everything.. i used to wake up early in the morning to prepare breakfast and lunch for everybody along with her. ii used to help her in everything but she dont even touch my things. she use to blame me that am not doing any work in my home and she is the one who is doing everything.she will act in front of others as she is doing everything for our family. Even my DH doesnt like her. when my DH is sleeping she will make big sounds by thowing vessels in kitchen,opening and closing doors harshly and she she dont even let us to sleep. she will blame me for everything. i dont want say along with her family. am fed up with her actions. Now-a-days am ignoring her..Ignoring is the best practice am enjoying it.. and try to be happy in front of them who criticize you..and see their face features and enjoy

4. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

I have a SIL, elder co-sis and MIL
    We all have an unsaid arrangement. We talk with each other only on special occassions!. :)

3 people like this.