How did you come up with your username?

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Induslady, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Hey how come I missed such an interesting thread. It was fun reading about how all of you came up with your Ids. Some were really very interesting.
    Now for my id "Monsi".. actually when me and my hubby met for the first time, we became really good friends and at that time he used to call me Monsi :oops: . In fact in the last 7 years (that's how long we know each other now!) he has called me with many different names. But this one I thought can be used as an id for one I like it very much and secondly this was the name he gave me after our first meeting :wink:
    Hmmm...my actual name is Monika :)

2. shreyasri

shreyasri New IL'ite

hi friends!

nice reading the stories behind the birth of cyber-names.

as Kamla has pointed out, it was our sense of caution about internet frauds that necessitated the pseudonym- from the names of my elder son and my husband. i am sathyabhama .my real name being my identity, i like it much, much more than the assumed name.

shreyasri

3. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear All, Nice to see the meanings for the user ids which I used to wonder why they r so. My name is Sujatha and my husband's name is Elangovan. So when i opened yahoo ID and sujatha was not accepted, i called myself as sujathae, adding the first letter of my hubby's name. The same ID I used for IL too.

thanks and regards,

Sujatha

1 person likes this.
  4. Meher

Meher New IL'ite

Hi All,

My user name is the same as my name that is 'Meher'.

The word meher has three meanings:
    1. Unconditional love eg mother's love, affection, kindness, friendship...
    2. The sun
    3. The alimony amount that a husband owes his exwife
    When I was asked the meaning of my name earlier I used to say 'the sun', the most important thing that we need.

Now I say 'unconditional love' because now I believe that is the most important thing that we need.

I am not interested in the third meaning.

5. bharati77

bharati77 New IL'ite

just thru my friend bcoz she said i can discuss any problem on this site, but i dont no how to start , me 30 yr old married lady , but i still look very young and cute , thats what people says , am very bubbly , i always smile , may be dats god gift 4 me, people love to talking to me, but husband says how come people always smile at u, why do u smile , any unknown people also sometimes smile at me, then he says bcoz of that i stop started ignoring , but automatic smile comes , am feeling very bad, as if am rude and arrogant person , iam staying in mumbai .

6. Gilhari

Gilhari New IL'ite

So this will be my first post in IL.
    It was interesting to see the meaning behind all the id's.
    When I subscribed to IL, I would have used my normal first name, but that was already taken. Betty is the most common of names it seems.
    Hence it became Gilhari.. Squirrel.
    The reason is that even the tiny squirrel helped the Lord Ram cross the sea from Lanka. We all can take a example of the brave little squirrels, so that is how I came up with this id.
    Befor I started to learn hindi, I already invented the id platosquirrel on yahoo. Maybe one of you came across me there?

greetings from the Netherlands,
    Betty

7. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

My hearty wishes to all at IL!

A wonderful thread started by the person whom i adore the most at IL! A good way to extend the relationship (even more) between all IL friends!

Am Janani Ramya.V. And "V" stands for my lovely, adorable, encouraging father "Varadharajan". Right from my IV standard (only from then i could start to think on my own, trying to grasp nature's nuances through my short kiddish poems) I tried to understand slowly, but steadily, my father's sayings and really admired him and worshiped him as a "Role Model".

My grandfather (maternal) named me Janani for i was born in Aandal's nakshathram (Aadi pooram). And my father as "Ramya" for "Ramyam" means serene and beautiful in Sanskrit and Tamil. My mom could not disappoint both her husband as well as her father. So my record name was Janani Ramya.V:iagree. But right from my school days, i loved the name Ramya Varadharajan as i came across many friends who had their names followed by their father's instead of just a mere initial!

IL came to me as a vent to my imagination and now in clouds nine that my identity is with my father's:queen.

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan

8. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi ! dear Indusladies,
    I am a very new entrant to this extremely delightful and inspiring site.Ever since I discovered this treasure trove of an exclusive site that has discussions on everything under the sun and more,I have spent hours reading all the posts old and new and completely forgot that I should post something too.I had no clue what to start with and here again the IL team is so encouraging to the new comers and they have asked a very valid question as to how one arrived at the username.
    I am the proud grandmother of a 9 year old grandaughter named Paulina.She is the product of an Indo-American collaboration !! My son -in-law is American !!
    My daughter and family live in Florida , USA and we the grandparents ,get to see her only once a year during her summer vacation.This year we accompanied them on their return trip back to USA and had a glorious time,thanks especially to our affectionate and kind son-in-law.
    We miss her a lot ofcourse and keep in regular touch through emails and phone calls.She is a little skating champion at school and has won a couple of skating competitions.
    My name is Lalitha and I thought choosing my grandaughter's name, Paulina as my username would be ideal for me as it would be really different.By the way Paulina has been given an Indian name too ......UMA. We thought that would be easy for them to pronounce back there .!! We fond grandparents know that "U-M-A" will eventually be smothered under the balnket of time, but while we are around "U-M-A" will be around too !:wave

9. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hello Mrs Lalitha,

Welcome:welcome to this family of IL. Hope u enjoy the stay here. Looking forward to reading ur post regularly.

Paulina is a cute name.

My username is a combo of my name, saraswathi and pv which stands for palanivel, my hubby's name.

bye.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  10. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Paulina - I loved reading about how you came up with your username - that is very sweet. I think most women who join IL spend hours reading through the threads and then realize it is time they introduced themselves!!