How did you come up with your username?

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Induslady, Apr 8, 2007.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    It was interesting to read all ur user ids and how u came about it!

Sundari, wow u r a highly roantic person, thats a great explanation on ur user id and how came to choose it!
    Cheeniya, sir, i guessed at the first part, but was thinking on Vidhya's line , about the YA, not that it was first 2 letters from Yahoo!
    Kamala , i knew u were Sujatha, but how Kamala came to be ur id and the story behind that was interesting!
    of course i am good old Sudha , the V is actually Vijayaraghavan , my hubby's name and the NARASIMHAN HAPPENS TO BE HIS SURNAME/ HIs father's name and my fil's name.....but what to do rules here say that i need to have my hubby's surname....so there goes my romantic dreams of sharing my hubby's name ( a la 'nee paathi naa paathi style'!)and not wanting to leave him out, he stays as V and there comes in my Father in law's name!
    So like Cheeniya sir has said in another thread, i will remember my USER ID in my Sleep too!Too loong and difficult to forget!:yes:

dogra likes this.
  2. visuma

visuma New IL'ite

Dear all,

Was very interesting to read this topic. Now just like some of the others who have mentioned that they like to keep their spouse's name along with theirs - i too normally sign into everything with viswanathan_uma - unfortunately this name seems to be taken and so I had to settle for visuma. I could not shorten my name Uma, but I could definitely cut a lot on my spouses' name - Viswanathan :mrgreen: . But I too feel sad that there is no suspense or novelty in my name!!!!!!! :icon_frown: - Uma

3. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

okey got time after along time was busy with vacations & then lots of office work. I read this topic long time back but then slept from my mind.

Well i choose Cheers as userid, becoz i'm cheerful since my chilhood:mrgreen: , i use to cheer up everybody & now also i'm very naughty & cheerful. So i loved it. So ladies that's why i choose cheer:2thumbsup:

4. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Wow, interesting to read all the derivations of different usernames! Mine, as Gayatri and Sunitha lamented, has no secret to it :icon_frown:

Shal is short for Shalini. I dont like the full name but love my nick name for that's how my parents, hub and close friends call me!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  5. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Hello all,
    mine is very short name viji,so nobody will short my name,b4 marriage my hubby asked do uhave any petname,i said no:icon_frown:,so he named me viv,so i liked the name,normally parents will name their kid or frined's will call in short form,but for me my hubby named me,my fmaily members donno this name viv,also i named him bass,he is bhaskar,so iam vivbass:)

6. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear ILites
    Thanks to Malathy for starting a nice thread :goodidea: .
    Actually I chose my peculiar userid driven by my fancy for honey. I became health conscious all of a sudden and began looking up on the benefits of Honey & Cinnamon .The facts were amazing and I was impressed by Honey.:tongue
    That was the time ( a year back!) when I decided to register in IL impressed by the site and wanted to have an id related to honey ...

I considered options like Honeydew,honeydrop but Honeybee had life in it and associated with my fav Honey :wink: ,also considered to be a very active living specimen (there goes my love for Zoology!) so Honeybee won the toss.

I was initially under the impression my userid is funny but now I am very proud of it cos some ILites wrote saying that they love my screen name.

7. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi everybody
    my name is Humamahesvary. actually its without the h but i dont know why the french people added h to uma.
    my id is Huma, no mystery.
    bye

8. Naveena

Naveena New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Its quite interesting to read the stories/ideas behind the usernames. Many of you have a flair for different and new things, I believe. Mine is not very exciting.

I am Veena and my husband is Naveen. So when IL rejected all my maiden names as ids, I had to club our names to come up with NAVEENA. Anyway, even among our friends and close relatives, we are commonly addressed as Naveena! This was the name with which our friends teased us in the time between our engagement and marriage.

Veena.

9. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

Hi guys,
    so nice to see the mystery behind ur user id. most of u have combined <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">ur</st1:City> hubby's name in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">ur</st1:City></st1:place> id .how sweet...........

Well regarding my user id chatkara _tasty isn’t strange? yes it is .. well 3 years bk when I first came to china there were only one or two Indian restaurants and peoples specially bachelors were having problem with there meals . so to serve them good Indian homemade food I started catering from my home . Then I created my id of chatkara _tasty for communications. Actually, I was looking for only chatkara but I did not get only chatkara so I add tasty also.

When I got il I sign up with this id only b’coz I was using this id frequently.
    Now there r plenty of good restaurants in china so I closed the catering service

10. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

oh..oh... I got a great story for my name.. U will al love this.. wanna hear??

It my Name!!! ME, myself and I !!! Modest aren't we ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2 people like this.