1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How did yoga and meditation help you personally?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by kanthtx, May 5, 2014.

1. kanthtx

kanthtx Gold IL'ite

Hi All -
    I have been practicing yoga and meditation for the past 6 months and have seen a good change in my health.

Just wanted to find out
    - how many of you out there in this forum are yoga and meditation practitioners?
    - if you are one, can you share your experience on how this helped you?
    - do you practice a specific style of yoga (iyengar or bikram or something else on your own....)?
    - how often do you do it?
    - did you tweak yoga to your body or did you follow the routine you learnt in the class?
    - were there any negative experiences (I hope not) with yoga and meditation?

Hope to learn some positive experiences....

2. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

hi
    I was a regular yoga practioner once upon a time, teached yoga too to friends and helped them fix their health problem . But due to some health problems now i am not doing yoga and pranayama now a days. But i found immense peace and my weight and tummy also reduced while i was practicing yoga.

1 person likes this.
  3. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

I was doing regular yoga and prayanayama before, now atleast 3 times a week. The benefits I see is when I do yoga and pranayama in the morning, I feel energetic through out the day. I feel enthusiastic in my day, more balanced mentally and more confident in handling the things. I feel my posture is also very good, taking out extra fat and toning the muscles.
    ( the day I dont do yoga, will get tired by mid day itself, more lazy).

Last edited: May 5, 2014