How can You Make Butter Naan without Yeast and Curd?

Discussion in 'Cuisines of India' started by badhiyakhana, Jul 27, 2015.

1. badhiyakhana

badhiyakhana New IL'ite

Hi I just want to share with you my experiment which I usually do in my kitchen. I have made Butther Naan without Yeast and Curd. I have used some kitchen ingredients which are always present in your kitchen. I have baked it in Microwave. My Recipe of Butter Naan is as below.

Ingredients

1. Maida(all purpose flour) - 2 bowls
    2. Salt - 1/2 tsp
    3. baking soda - 1 tsp
    4. Baking powder - 1+1/2 tsp
    5. White vinegar - 1/2 cup
    6. Sugar - 1/2 tsp
    7. Oil - 2 tbsp
    8. Warm water - 2 cup
    9. Butter - 2 tbsp

For making butter naan at your home at first sieve maida in a big bowl.
      Now in the middle of maida add sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, oil and vinegar, immediately cover it with maida of your bowl.
      Wait for 1 minute and then mix it with maida properly. Now knead it with warm water at least for 5 minutes. Cover this dough with lid and place it in warm place at least for 3 hours.
      Now after 3 hours knead it again for 1-2 minutes and start making butter naan.
      For this divide dough in 6 equal balls. Dust some maida on kitchen slab and place one ball on it, sprinkle some dry maida on it also.
      Roll it thin but not very thin.
      Now it's time to bake your butter naan.
      For this at first pre heat your microwave, for this use your fast preheat button.
      When after pre heating your microwave beeps then on low rake of your microwave place your butter naan and set your microwave in convection mode on 250 degree C for 2 minutes.
      When your microwave beeps then flip your naan and again set your microwave in convection mode on 250 degree C for 2 minutes.
      When your microwave beeps then take out your butter nana and place your uncooked butter naan on the rake. Now apply butter on both sides of your naan and roast it on fire till it browns.
      Your Butter Naan is ready.

Make it and enjoy it.

2. Soch

Soch Silver IL'ite

Wow, Nice...

one question is, Can i replace Microwave oven to Electric Oven?

3. badhiyakhana

badhiyakhana New IL'ite

Hi soch:)
    Thank you very much for your response. Yeah!!! you can use electric oven too.
    All the best go ahead and enjoy it. Hmmm, one more thing please let me know how you did?

4. Soch

Soch Silver IL'ite

Sure Will update you the result :)

5. sophiedjenko

sophiedjenko Senior IL'ite

Thank you so much for the recipe! I have spent quite a while scouring the internet for an authentic butter naan recipe which did not involve the use of yeast. I tried it out in a microwave oven and the results were great! The naan melted in our mouths and my family kept demanding for more haha!
    Just a tip: I used Gowardhan butter in this case and it definitely worked really well with the naan.