How can we incorporate creativity in our classrooms in school?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Sjmaj, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Sjmaj

Sjmaj Gold IL'ite

Are schools in India lacking creativity?

2. lakshmipriyas

lakshmipriyas Bronze IL'ite

ya.... i do think so... Actually we do have exercises, activities in our school books for creative thinking using the lessons taught..
    But never used to read that... we always concentrate on examiners point of view questions as our teachers said...

3. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

Schools in metros are far better now. We do see 80% education n 20% extra curricular activities. 4 or 5 class hours are specifically for Physical exercises, which is good.

Kids will get inputs from Either parents or teachers.

Teachers are busy to make sure student to get 90% of the marks to make sure teacher to be pride. As per the survey, both working parents spend hardly 45 mins quality time with kids in a day.

Children learn to express their feelings from their parents. Try to set an atmosphere where feelings are expressed openly.

Whom to be blame for kids not creative?..
    School has to take care every thing ?..Since we are paying laks to schools?.

Welcome your suggestions,feedback n comments...

4. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

I am not sure which year you are talking about..Schools in india has got drastically changes whether it's from Metro city or small city. I was in India for 6 month and talked to many parents during evening walk as had to decide school for my DD. Now a days all schools have sports, art etc in curriculam. I also saw my niece and nephew's cuuriculam (they stay in a small city of M.P.) and their curriculam had many activity. Now a days teachers focus on everything ...just for a example - in my niece school lunch boxes should have fruits and salad with lunch..no junk food allowed. She also has dance class once in a week, sport class, art class etc. She is only in class 4 and she knows lot of things.

1 person likes this.
  5. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

When I think of creativity......I think children having freedom to express their creative side and not parents infusing/correcting/perfecting their ideas so they will get 100% marks. Here my kids hardly bring major projects at home. They do it all in school so its all them. Now we can guide them as to what kind of ideas they can use and what kind of research they can do.When I think of creativity I think of teacher using different methods to teach the same concept....like if I want to teach world economy rather then telling them to read chapter....question/answer then then test.....we would do an active demo in class--group of children signifying countries and then distributing candies to show much resources they have and so on.

The elementary class rooms here are SO beautifully set up ---- lot of creativity used by the teacher to engage little minds. The visual display is very interesting and engaging.

I feel that in India we still depend on book knowledge and the goal is to get into 90% marks.

6. lakshmipriyas

lakshmipriyas Bronze IL'ite

am not speaking about old 80's....My cousins are still studying in higher secondary schools in our town and my friends kids have started going to nursery schools. In India, are schools maintaining teacher-student ratio? Am going back to my native now and searching for a interactive, knowledge based curriculum for my kid... I got the above results in some schools and still searching till june...