How all we can save money From daily rountine??

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by rosy786, Dec 16, 2011.

1. jyotiparab

jyotiparab Silver IL'ite

2. noktina

noktina New IL'ite

3. yaj21

yaj21 New IL'ite

I too agree and follow the tip to save money is by not eating out side food!
    I think this is the best thing to do both for health and wealth!!

4. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

worsened the situation, importance of accurately counted budget and well-considered spending of money is brought into the forefront. That’s why it’s highly essential to learn to save money. The following tips helped me to save money on a day to day basis. Believe me, it’s easier that you think, just try it:
    1. Make Lists. Whenever and wherever you go shopping, make a list of the products you REALLY need. Otherwise, you risk ending up with a full cart of so-called impulse stuff and an empty wallet. After got trapped into a similar situation once, I started to make lists, and, surprise, I don’t need as much as I used to buy.
    2. Home Food Rules. When you spend all day at work you definitely don’t feel like cooking once you return home. I absolutely understand you but that’s the right way to success. Count how much you spend eating out and compare it with the cost of home food. Impressed, yeah? I cannot but mentioning lunch time at work. Why not to take a snack from home? Do it at least three times a week and you will see the difference.
    3. Make a Budget. Count your total income, then take a piece of paper and make a list of monthly costs (bills, mortgage payment, fuel cost, movie, café, etc) with supposing sum of money to spend. Your task this month is not to exceed the number in the budget list.
    4. Credit Card Is Evil. Well, I exaggerate, of course, but there is something in these words. Pay for everything in cash, which prevents you from overspending. If you cannot stop using the credit card at all, at least restrict its usage.
    5. No Fees. Be Responsible. What you need is to get organized. I personally set for myself a deadline that is five days earlier that an actual deadline. Several months and it turns into a money-saving habit.
    6. Set Goals. I think it’s useless to save money if you have no a definite goal. My husband once said: “I want to buy a car in 6 month”. And since then we knew what we were saving for. I would advise to set short-term goals, otherwise you may get disillusioned soon.
    7. Save On Fuel. Oh, that’s a sore point for most. The first step to success we made was to change a car for the one that consumes less fuel. Besides, we use only one car instead of two most time. At the weekend we used to drive to the countryside, now we spend free time walking or riding. That resulted even more effective that we thought at first.
    8. Stay Away From Lavish Friends. Yes, they are nice people, but their habits oppose to your money-saving purposes. They will never support you as their principle is “live your live today and don’t think about tomorrow”.
    9. Look Back and Make Conclusions. After a couple of months of your new life look back and make conclusions about your first results and success. All the tips are individual, and you don’t have to follow all of them. So, re-evaluate the tips according to your personal situation.
    10. Work, Work and Work. Don’t you think that it’s possible to save earning little? Develop your professional skills, climb career ladder and earn more. Successful people attract money.

2 people like this.
  5. aamini

aamini Bronze IL'ite

Hi All:
    Very Useful thread.

I think we are not spending much on entertainment and outside food as my husband is totally busy for this which is in a way good one.

I need advice on the following- my weakness
    1. Waste of food and stocking things-
    My husband comes home for eating. But his schedule is un predictable. He may or may not come. If he comes he eats good amount. But if he do not come even if me and my maid together cannot finish. I tried making only for him and always eating left overs. At one point of time I am fed up eating all left overs in each meal. Sometime he says he will not come for lunch as he going out but suddenly comes home if meeting gets cancelled. He is super busy and never take time to inform me abt any change. I hate eating rice for dinner but have to if it is remaining. Any tip???
    Regarding storing things. I agree that whenever I go for market or grocery shopping i will end up buying too many things. I need tips on storing effectively specially veggies.

2. Snacks for kid
    This is one of my major weekness. As i told my hubby is supoer busy for family time, all I can do as recreation for my 2 yr old daughter is taking her for near by shops (groceries/medical) whenever i go for buying things. I feel guilty if i do not buy her something like choclates, real juice,yoghurt etc...Recently, i think i made miscalculation buying monthly groceries that everyday i need to go for some or other items as it gets finished. SO every day she eats snacks for 20rs min. How you manage giving snacks for kids?
    3. Iron
    This is big confusion for me to do myself or give outside. If i do myself, first is i need to get time to do, as i am not expert..i will take long time to iron...my dad used to tell me before marriage it is better u give outside as u burn lot of electricity.Iron box consumes the highest and at the end not very satisfactory results. How you guys do?
    4. Washing
    I hand wash all good clothes worn for office of me,husband and my daughter. I use machine for towels, daily wear dresses, socks,hankies and bedsheets. Daily wear dress will be less but somehow it will get wet. Hence i think better to wash daily because if it is wet somewhere it might fungus and other reason is space is less for drying. So if i wash lots of clothes it would be difficult. I think im wasting lots of electricity for running WM daily..? how you manage?

5. It would be nice if i get an idea how everyone spends on avaerage. i know it differs for every family but i always get doubt am i spending too much...i think if i know another family of smae size is spending much lesser than me inspite of having normal life (i mean not miser)...it would motivate me... how about having a thread to post of our monthly spending in each category...how much we saved...? I know it might not run longer...but can we try? Motivating each other to become a good family lead.

6. shire

shire Senior IL'ite

Thank you so much..........very helpful

7. bchandra2008

bchandra2008 Bronze IL'ite

Below is a list of house hold appliances which are used least in my house ; Think twice , thrice , "N" number of times before you buy these

1) Microwave Oven- Least used ; Waste of max money; My opinion: Vegetarians dont need this;
    plus some scientists are claiming that microwaves generated modify the food and so not good;
    one can surf the Web (Google) and see

2) Vacuum cleaner

3) Bread Toaster

4) Attachments with grinders - Coconut grater; Dough kneader etc

5) Fruit Juicer

6) Smart phones and electronic gadgets especially on demand from pampered children

Some people may have a different opinion based on their needs and habits ; Pls do reply adding to the above list

8. samantracarol

samantracarol New IL'ite

Well, I am afraid but saving money is something no one can taught you about, It merely depends upon the nature and expenditure of an individual, all I can say is try to control the over expenses may be that could help a bit.

9. gshanthi17

gshanthi17 Bronze IL'ite

Hi , all of you...you have given great tips to save money ...I came out of my joint family 20 years back with nothing with us except our clothes and our marriage presents after my MIL had taken away whatever she needed from my presents.....Gosh I can never forget that day......NOW I have a three bedroom house , fully furnished and airconditioned , 4wheeler etc....All this was possible only b'cos of budgeting.....MODERATION is the keyword ....buy whatever is needed but only as much as is needed......I followed most of the tips given here by all of you..and it surely works....follow simple and easy recipes ..which are healthy , using seasonal vegies and try to make food attractive for the kids .....our granny 's recipes are cheap and best......go for outings once in 15 days ....decide the hotel based on hygiene and quality of food so that we can avoid visit to the doctor.....don't get carried away by braggings of friends ...decide what you what ..not what others say...

1 person likes this.
  10. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Salary-Needs = Savings :notthatway:

Salary-Savings = Needs :exactly:

4 people like this.