1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Housewives as Chefs !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi kamalji,

yes ghar ka khaana is what everyone seems to crave for at the end of hectic day so five star hotels are hiring housewives as chefs, I read.Good for both the parties.
    I am totally with you re cooperation and not competition....even if not on a very large scale you can take 2- 3 close friends from the same building. it will be so great if all of them share what they cooked for lunch with the others, nah? so that the others can at least skip making the dinner?
    and Now that I have aired my idea I am waiting for such friends . Lol.

i

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Navs,

To read on the internet, is very different if u are made to make it in front of the one who knows the dish.The food is made in the 5 star by the housewives, under their supervision, and served piping hot and fresh.yes they must be taking care with gloves and hair covered, so that hair does not fall, very true.

i feel nice for homemakeres to get some recognition after a long time and how happy they must be feeling eh !

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

Wonderful idea, as u said a few friend, today u sent A one dish for dinner, enought for all the family members there, and then by rotation ther other ones sends to u etc. So it is like u prepare say for the 3 or u, or for 3+4 , the effort is the same. and u can sit back and relax the day it is the turn of the other to send, and a different dish to taste and eat.

Regads

kamal

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji
    Haha! Wonderful topic and after reading it I thought "oh why not, only if I can share sambar and rasam with Kamalji's family and get to taste some Punjabi kadi"...but then realization struck...you, Mrs. C, Mindian, and others are all over the world...and I have no one to have this co-op.

Your idea is not new..here many families have co-op cooking.The advantage of Western cuisine is most of their meals are meat based and freezable. I read about this about ten years ago about five families who do this. A menu is planned including each family's favorites. Each family then cooks large portions of their assigned meals which is exchanged. That way the lady of each home is not breaking her head on "what-to cook" every day and does not have to cook everyday too.

About co-op selling...I see the business man in you Kamalji.. the net result is that my money (the consumer) is gone! :)

Enjoyed your article much!

Then each family cooks

5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

so Kamalji..
    you are advocating community cooperative living.. Actually it makes so much sense because it doesn't matter if you cook for 4 or 10 people.. the number of dishes matter.. so if neighbors could share curries/ dals/ then each household would have to cook only rice/ chappati/ salad and one dal or veg/ non-veg/ curry in a larger quantity and then share it.. everyday.. and it could even happen that one day of the week 1 person gets an off..
    you know my friend's daughter for school lunch have this system.. 5 moms have got together and each one sends a dabba for 1 day of the week to school for lunch.. so moms have to send lunch to school only once a week.. what a relief.. and kids also get a variety..
    about the sale in retail too complicated.. but I guess if the suggestion came from you then it would definitely be profitable..
    you know sometimes I feel I too should have become a chef.. I love to cook and experiment but unfortunately realised this too late in life..
    nice jokes
    Keramn

6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kamalji...
    I recently read there is community kitchen in Mumbai ... If this thing catches fancy I am sure your dream will be realised soon....

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bunny,
    if htere is one, then it is good for all.How wonderful to have variety of food at home eh !

Regards

kamal

8. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Lol..that is one great idea..and I just realised we were already being milked that way!!! The grocery stores we go to to get Indian stuff are like the brothers you mentioned. They are run by the same persons, but one is a lot better than the other and a lot more resourceful and reasonably priced. Now I wonder how long we've been parting with our money to them while they are actually having a laugh!! :-(

As for the food variety...lol..that is why we have Pot-luch lunches and dinners. That way, we don't share our recipes and without much effort we get to eat someone else's food :p..Husbands happy and wives relieved!!

Thanks for sharing all the interesting news Kamalji :)

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala,

Well this is mostly possible in india, where u have indian neighbours all around. athis cooking thing u write about is so good, this is what i call cooperation, yes it is meat based, but saves u trouble to cook every day.Won derful really.

Well in business, it is the consumer who loses if the businessmen come together. HAHA. Butif we fight it out, we lose , the other side wins eh ! See for airlines here, they go empty, why not reduce flights , each airline copp with the other, and goes full rather than two flights going half empty.They need not raise fares, they just need to have less planes, which saves costs, and coop with each other, each makes profit, now see all airlines are bleeding, and if they close down, it is bad for the cusotmer in the long run.

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kelly,

This school thing is so good kelly, wish others too do the same. in the sale what i meant was, when u have 50 showrooms in the same market having sale a t the same time, the sales get distribute, the customer is confused too.

let me give u one example here of cooperation which mints money for all.

There is the govt hospital called SMS, oppsite whiuch are some 50 shops open all thru the night, no holdiay at all.

How long can u go on like this, so they came up with an idea. Every sunday some 5 shops remain open, and the rest 45 shops remain closed, so these 5 shops make hay, while the others take rest. next sunday, these 5 will remain closed, and another 5 will remain open.Everyone reaps the benefit, no prices are raised, and everyone gets rest, and windfalls when their time comes.

that is what i meant , that cooperation is better for all concerned.

Regards

kamal