Housewives are "Economically Unproductive"?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by meghasharma84, Jul 26, 2010.

1. meghasharma84

meghasharma84 Senior IL'ite

During the latest census done in the country, the authorities termed Housewives as "Unproductive Citizens" and grouped them with beggars and prostitutes.

What is your reaction to this news? Do you think this kind of thinking is justified?

2. sura

sura New IL'ite

we can call them only as idiots. ok any way let us explain it to them. A working lady has to leave her kid in a crech. she has to pay some amount. Indirectly a house wife earns that amount.
    A penny saved is a penny earned. This way , teaching her own child or looking after thier aged in-laws. All the husbands are willing to send their wives to work outside?

3. Pomegranite

Pomegranite Bronze IL'ite

That is so offensive! I don't even have words!
    Gah!

4. mythree

mythree New IL'ite

not only the econamic growth is enough for the prosperity of any nation..if a woman cradle well the nation and produce the good citizens then only any civilization can survive .that is the historical truth .so that comment is thoughtless one:)my3

5. kuppulakshmi

kuppulakshmi New IL'ite

The most idiotic offensive words. No words to express my anger.A housewife never studied any management science to manage the old inlaws,household chores, growth of children, their education, their welfare. In these activities she never even looks after herself. Even more pitiable case with working women who has to balance both things.If i have the power to catogarise housewives, i'll put them as most economically productive people as without them they can realise that
    kuppulakshmi

6. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

This is very very offensive. A house wife does so many works in house from managing the home to raising the kids.

Its idiotic to group them with beggers and prostitutes:rant

7. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Why can't they just leave housewife as a separate category? I think being a housewife is such a unique job that it cannot be combined with any other job description.

All the other jobs in the world have only a certain responsibility or job description but the housewife has to don multiple caps based on the role she is performing at that particular point of time - mother, teacher, chef, economic advisor, coach, interior designer, list goes on and on. Moreover housewives save a lot of money due to the various tasks they perform.

I'd say they are more productive than most working people. :hatsoff to all the housewives out there!!!
    [/JUSTIFY]