1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Houseguests

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Cantdecide, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Cantdecide

Cantdecide Silver IL'ite

How often do you have house guests staying overnight at your home? I've seen it vary so much between friends and family, and often it depends on if you live close to your friends or not. I never had much visitors when I was growing up and I find now as an adult that I have visitors more frequently as my friends are from all over. When you have guests over how do you entertain them? Do you do the cooking or does everyone take turns?

2. Sakshisharma

Sakshisharma New IL'ite

If i am hosting my friends or relatives, i will do the cooking. When I am visiting them, they do the cooking. Here in abroad we usually talk or watch movie and take them sightseeing in our city.

Cantdecide likes this.
  3. Cantdecide

Cantdecide Silver IL'ite

Makes sense, yes sometimes I realize that I see my city more by showing other people around rather than by myself. :)

4. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Hi,I usually cook in the morning make them feel home ,, then go around for sightseeing have fun at mall too .. have dinner out or order it home..
    sometimes just sit and chit chat ..

Cantdecide likes this.
  5. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Kitchen in most homes is a private domain. Guests may offer to help, fully expecting that it will be declined, but not go in there on one's own, to mess up whatever arrangement there is.
    When the house guest is a relative, well... then, the rules may differ based on whether the relative came through a marriage (in-law) or came via birth.
    Unrelated persons do not go into the kitchen.

Rihana and Cantdecide like this.
  6. Cantdecide

Cantdecide Silver IL'ite

Haha, yes this is true for guests. :). I like cooking with friends though sometimes we will get together at someone's house and cook a few things.

7. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Depends on how close these guests are. And the age of the guests. When it is my friends or younger relatives, it's usually a very casual affair. When I have older relatives visiting (esp when I know a report will be sent to MIL) I make sure a full fledged meal including vada and payasam are made. We take them around, but my husband is the best tour guide. He knows very well how to ask questions regarding interests and how to gently push them towards certain activities.

As for letting them in my kitchen? Well, if I am cooking even my mom is chased out. So if I have to be up super early I do.