House - Renting Vs Buying (Bangalore)

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Sharmili, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Sharmili

Sharmili New IL'ite

We have accumulated some savings and we are thinking of buying an apartment in Banglaore. However, with apartment prices so high, I am not sure whether it is a wise decision to buy an apartment now.

I am wondering whether we would be better off just renting a place and investing my savings? I don't know how to think about these things. Can someone kindly help me here please?

Thanks...

Sharmili

2. dileesh

dileesh New IL'ite

house- rent vs buying

Hi Sharmilli,

I am a new member.I want to share my opinion with u.Recently we finished construction of our building in Bangalore. Actually we are settled in U.K. We are earning from rent though we are not leaving in that property. So investing in properties is always a good choice.

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

renting vs buying

I am also trying to buy an apartment in Bangalore and will be renting it out. It is sound investment.

Maybe this info will be useful, I am also contacting these sellers.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Flat for Sale in Bangalore

One three bedroom flat in Magnolia, Brigade Millennium, J.P.Nagar, Bangalore - semi-furnished with excellent fittings, modular kitchen, servants's qurters, covered car park - is available for rent. Corporate lease preferred. Interested persons may contact 080 25273214 or 25278183 or 9886286069.

Venkataraman sviyer@vsnl.com
    -------------------------

House for sale in Bangalore

My daughter had booked a house at Whitefield,near IT park of Brigade group. She is likely to go out of Bangalore. and she intend to dispose off her flat at the prevailing rate. The possession is likely to be in March 2008.
    thank you.

R.Hariharan" <rhariharan@tata.com

4. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Always good to invest in real estate

Dear sharmili and friends,

I think it will be wise to invest in real estate in bangalore. If u r planning to buy a flat and rent it out u can do so. If in bangalore buy a flat around areas like J.P Nagar, Koramangala, Airport road, where many BPO workers are ready to pay high rent. The investment will be worth.

If u feel that it is too expensive to invest in apartments,buy a plot of land on the way to the proposed international airport, off the hebbal flyover and yelahanka. The land prices are soaring and u r bound to get many times of what u invest. A friend of mine built a house there for 10 lakhs (with the site value being only 2.5 lakhs) 3 years back and now it is worth 30L or more. (the site itself will cost 8 lakhs)

Vidya, brigade millenium is a good option. A cousin of mine owns an apartment there. He seems to be getting a good rent for the same.

Good luck all of u.