1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hot Coffee On A Saturday Morning - Bliss, Ain't It ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sbonigala, Mar 27, 2017.

1. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

My MIL was unwell over the past few weeks and DH has been to India.
    MIL has been through a surgery and she is recovering pretty well and fast as that.
    DH going to India for a few weeks meant, I handle kids, work, home and everything else alone.
    I managed things somehow and it was a smooth period - with me constantly reminding to let go when kids were too naughty or too noisy or too demanding. I told myself that they were missing their dad big time - and they surely did.

So after DH is back ,I told him that one day I need a break and I would like to do nothing - absolutely nothing.
    Last Thursday, I decided am doing nothing on Friday but going to work and coming home - not making dinner or snacks in the evening etc. They all agreed and ordered pizzas for dinner.
    We watched a movie and slept off.

Now next morning when I woke up - it was 9:00 am - I was like, "What the hell? There is a birthday party of DS friend, we are yet to buy the present. Gosh its Saturday which means hair wash for DD and DS. Breakfast ! WHOA we ran out of Indian groceries and its already 9:00 am"

I woke up DH and he was still, "abbaaa... will get up in the next 10 mins please shweetie" and dozed off.
    I know when he tries to be extra nice like calling me Shweetie, darling etc, he has no plans to get up.
    I ran to the bathroom (ensuite) and finished my brush, face wash routine. I could hear Ben and Holly's cartoon going on on the TV - which meant kids are up and waiting for breakfast.
    I was like , "Crap, could i not get up an hour earlier, poor kids must be hungry"

As I walked out of the bathroom with my towel around my shoulders ,wiping my wet cheeks , I hear "beep, beep ,beep ,beep , beep" I realised it was the microwave.
    DD sometimes warms up her milk in the oven. I know she'd be careful but as a mom I have my fears when a 9yr old uses kitchen appliances. I did not want to shout , "What are you doing near the oven" and startle her. I causally walked into the open kitchen and saw no one there. I heard kids hiding in their room under their blanket.
    I could hear their giggles. DS saying, "Akka its mom, i think she is int he kitchen already"
    "Shhh can u pls be quiet at all. Can u see if she is looking at the kitchen bench"
    "haha, she is looking akka. yayy she is reading the note ,bend your head, ;lets hide lets hide"

On the kitchen bench was a cup of freshly made hot coffee in my fav yellow cup, with some toast and fruits.
    It has a note next to it.
    "You are awesome, stay awesome, Love you to the moon and back, Mum. We had cereal for breakfast and we had some fruits too"

It was so emotional for me to know that DD is growing and growing at a supersonic speed.
    I gave them a huge hug and thanked them for the surprise.
    DS mentioned that his akka made the coffee and he tasted it and made sure it was perfect for my taste.

DH woke up after I walked to him with my coffee. He was like, "You made coffee so fast?"
    "It was already made."
    "who made it ?"
    " :) my pride"

sindmani, sahityaj, SGBV and 13 others like this.

2. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Such a beautiful experience! God bless your family:)

sbonigala likes this.
  3. Anjelin

Anjelin Gold IL'ite

Wow ! Thats really a nice gesture and surprise from your daughter!

sbonigala likes this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Wow.. what a sweet experience.

You give me loads of hope for a bright and beautiful future for all the moms of very young likes like me.
    Your post throws some light. Thanks for this.

With supper naughty young kids, I am dreaming of such surprise mornings!

sbonigala likes this.
  5. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Awww...
    You must be a funtastic mommy!!

sbonigala likes this.
  6. kavithamadhan

kavithamadhan Silver IL'ite

so nice of your kids and obviously you are a super mom....i second what SGBV said that your message gives hope for young moms :)

sbonigala likes this.