Horizon International Academy , Chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by stdhivya, Aug 31, 2012.

1. mahadiya

mahadiya New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am Mahalakshmi. i want to put my daughter in horizon academy. Is it good compared to the schools nearby?

Please let me know about the pros and cons about the school. Also the syllabus followed in the school. Is it purely interntional?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. muthu139

muthu139 New IL'ite

Hi Divya,

Gud to hear that you have become a member of Horizon. :) My son is also studying PP-2 in Horizon and its really a very good school.

3. muthu139

muthu139 New IL'ite

Hi Sakthi,

Wats ur son name? My son Dakshin is studying in PP2..

4. umavarshini

umavarshini New IL'ite

Hello,
    I am trying for my daughter for Pre-Kg and I am hunting for schools for this year (2013-14).
    I am planning to visit this school next week. Meanwhile pls. provide some insights about this school.
    1. While visiting directly the school looks very small. What are there future plans?
    2. Does it is recognised by IGCSE board? Does Cambridge board is different from London board, as the school is listed in the london board and not in the Cambridge board?
    3. What is the fees structure? How abt the future fees?
    4. Finally is it worth when comparing to other IGCSE schools in chennai & CBSE schools nearer like Kanchi Mahaswami, St. Johns etc?
    5. When is there admission starts?

Kindly provide ur insights so that it will be helpful for me to decide further.

5. stdhivya

stdhivya New IL'ite

Hi Uma,

Personal speaking i jus love this school just for the sake of the environment and the teachers. Its been just 2 months since i put my daughter there for pre-kg and she is jus loving it. There has never been a day i've seen her crying to go to school. All credits to the teachers. They are doing a wonderful job.
    Now to answer your questions
    1. While visiting directly the school looks very small. What are there future plans?
    They can accomadate upto Grade V here , after that they have plans to extend , actually they are on the lookout for land acquistion within Madambakkam area

2. Does it is recognised by IGCSE board? Does Cambridge board is different from London board, as the school is listed in the london board and not in the Cambridge board?
    Both Cambridge International Examinations and Edexcel International Examinations are the most
    renowned international boards offering different qualifications to students such as IGCSE, GCE O Level,
    AS level and A Level. The specifications of syllabuses might differ but both of them are recognized by
    colleges, universities and employers all around the world.
    Horizon International Academy is an international school recognized as an Edexcel International centre.Edexcel, a Pearson company, is one of the UK's largest awarding bodies offering academic and
    vocational qualifications and testing to schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning in the
    UK and internationally.
    Edexcel is one of only 5 boards accredited by the government of UK to offer IGCSE’s and GCE’s in state funded schools in the UK.
    Check out the school's website for more information.Welcome to Horizon International Academy

3. What is the fees structure? How abt the future fees?
    The fees comes around 45k for the full year including term fees for Pre-kg . I feel its cheaper compared to other international schools in chennai.
    4. Finally is it worth when comparing to other IGCSE schools in chennai & CBSE schools nearer like Kanchi Mahaswami, St. Johns etc?

While IGCSE is an international syllabus , CBSE as you know is our central board syllabus.Like other modern programmes, IGCSE offers a wider range of subjects and encourages high academic standards through a practical approach to teaching and learning. Assessment is not limited to conventional written papers and they consist of a variety of tests e.g. oral and listening tests.It is a balanced curriculum and a flexible course of study. Check out this link for more info:The IGCSE education: how can it help your child?

5. When is there admission starts
    The had pre-kg admissions during Vijayadashmi . My personal advice is visit them and they would give you a orientation session where they walk you through thier classrooms and way of teaching. You can take a decision after that. I m sure you would also love this school.

Also let me know what you decided :thumbsup

Regards
    Dhivya

6. subha79

subha79 New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I am planning to put my son in horizon international academy for L.K.G in the next academic year 2013-2014. can anyone suggest me on joining this school?
    What are its benefits? Is it really worth putting him in that school?

Subha

7. stdhivya

stdhivya New IL'ite

Hi Subha,

This entire thread has lots of information about Horizon International Academy. Read the complete thread and if you have any specific questions about the school thats not available here , post your queries and we'll help you out. Also contact the school and then visit them ,they would give you a orientation session where they walk you through thier classrooms and way of teaching. You can take a decision after that

Regards
    Dhivya

8. umavarshini

umavarshini New IL'ite

Hi Stdivya,
    Thanks a lot for your info. I have scheduled a orientation on next week.
    Meantime, how could we believe that the school will be located only @ Madambakkam in future & also opening higher standards. Bcos as u know that getting seats for higher standards in any other schools is very difficult as we have any problems with Horizon. So my worry is about their future plans and how it will impact our child's future.
    Also I have checked other IGCSE schools and how comparable this school with established IGCSE school.
    Even getting trained on IGCSE teaching, maintaining their standards etc. is very difficult of a kind of school in India, except you are big 'B'.

Pls. share some thoughts on this.

Once again thanks a lot for your valuable info and guidance.

Regards
    Uma

9. stdhivya

stdhivya New IL'ite

Hi Uma,

Good to know that you have scheduled a orientation session next week.
    We do keep asking them what are thier plans to expand further , wen we had the orientation session with them they had informed that were initially somewhr near chrompet in the name of "Budding Minds" - this was jus a pre-school , they have sold out thier area there and they have moved here . I guess this place in Madambakkam where there are located now , is on lease . They have liked this Madambakkam ares for the environment hence they are looking for plots around Madambakkam for extension.
    After i attended the orientation session , my confidence levels abt them has gone up. My thought as of now , is to have my kid here till 1st std , the main reason being good school and its jus 5 mins drive from our house, as you knw at 2 1/2 yrs we jus can't send the kid too far. They need to be at a place where we can reach them easily any time. Moreover in these 3 months i find a lot of improvements in my little one. After she completes UKG , i might think of putting her elsewhere , and i m sure with the amount of knowledge she is gaining she can very well get admitted to any school in 1st STD . Also only if its very much required i'll move her out from here , else i'll be happy to have her continuing here . She gets individual attention as the number students are very less . I prefer that , instead of being one among 50 students , its better to be one among 10 or 15. Thts my approach.

However when you attend the orientation session , pls put forward all these questions to them and get everything clarified.Also let me know what they said and what you are planning to do.

10. Akisha

Akisha New IL'ite

What age do they take kids for pre- kg??? If we like to join them for vijayadasami ...do we need to take admission now itself???? Have they finalised the area where they wl be having their higher classes??? Which would be a good choice horizon or trileaves international school which is going to start this year in madambakkam near hanza garden....please suggest...